• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Montgomery and the Dream

Spud2nique

First off, I had no idea this was going on. I don’t regularly watch the Dream or the WNBA. I only knew Renee was a player and our Hawks analyst with Jerome J. I just read a bit about it all and have a whole different respect level for her and what she did here. 

I don’t know if I’ll ever fully get into being a diehard but consider me a much bigger fan of the Dream than I was a couple days ago. Respect.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Spud.  I know that you are a real NBA fan.  If you fatefully follow the dream, I believe you will become an avid fan.  Mostly, these gals play below the goal but a few have been known to dunk the ball.

They play with a lot of speed and I personally believe they are rougher than the NBA players.  It's nothing to see them on the floor, fighting for the ball.

Some posters on the Squawk have said that it is more exciting to watch paint dry or grass grow.  To me, that's because they have never had a favorite team to follow and really watch them play.  If you will watch these Dream players, learn who's who and follow for a few games, you will become hooked.

:sun:

• Like 1

Dream's 1st round draft pick.  She's destined to be good, I believe.  PG and built low to the ground.  Fast and a willing student.

Lost their 1st game.  GM was fired and head coach recently left for college job.  Also, I believe we still have some overseas who haven't reported yet.

Shooting was poor tonight.  Hope that improves.

GO ATL DREAM !!

:hi:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

They play with a lot of speed

No doubt. I also follow ladies tennis 🎾 Honestly the speed and consistency is stronger thus creating better rally’s in tennis and I’m sure possibly more “battling” within the game. At the least for tennis, to me the men’s game and the dominant serve isn’t fun to watch, I’d rather watch an intense rally than an aces left and right. 

I’m definitely going to watch whenever possible and follow the Dream. What better team to follow that one from our own ATL. Missed the first game but just caught the score. Bounce back ladies. Also see our #3 pick rookie, McDonald had 1 point in 16 min. Saw some college tape of her and she’s got game. Getting used to any new league takes time. Hoping she’s a good one.

• Like 1