• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At the halfway mark of the season and some 3 weeks ahead of the trade deadline, What do the Hawks NEED to improve??

REHawksFan

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Pierce was easy.  Cam isn't for this reason...Cam doesn't have innate high BBIQ therefore he has to rely more on coaching than say a player like John Collins.  Pierce isn't the teacher people make him out to be otherwise players like Cam would look better on offense since Cam is very skilled on both ends already.  Cam just needs to be around a competent coach who will him understand the game better.

Im willing to see how he does under Nate, especially since reports were he was one if the guys against LP. If the story is true it does worry me about him being fragile mentally. Trae and JC were mentioned as not liking LP, but it didnt stop their games from producing on the court. I know this wasn't the angle you were taking, but it's something that has crossed my mind. Like, what if Cam was dogging it because he wasnt happy with the coach.
Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

No lol I'm serious

I've deleted a lot of my social media. I only have instagram and Hawksquawk as my outlets. I don't even post on the Falcons board anymore, its a really weird vibe.

Thats why I have so much time to post on here now. That and my girl goes to sleep at like 9 and leaves me to my own devices lol

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

what if Cam was dogging it because he wasnt happy with the coach.
Time will tell.

Dude has low BBIQ.  That's it.  Hopefully with a real coach, Maturity and time on the court it will improve.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Me too. I seem happier and better off for it. I used to be a normal a$$ person till social media. 😆 

Facebook was not trying to let me go. That was the most difficult platform to delete. Not because I didnt have will power, but because they literally make it next to impossible to delete. It's like trying to get out of a timeshare haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I've deleted a lot of my social media. I only have instagram and Hawksquawk as my outlets. I don't even post on the Falcons board anymore, its a really weird vibe.

Thats why I have so much time to post on here now. That and my girl goes to sleep at like 9 and leaves me to my own devices lol

I feel like the falcons board is full of guys in their 50s

When you watch Cam play, you see all of the tools.  The problem are his fundamentals.  I forget who broke Cam's jumpshot down here, but he illustrated how Cam feet and elevation are never the same when he takes a shot.   Cam also takes difficult shots at times, like he's a superstar.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Pierce was easy.  Cam isn't for this reason...Cam doesn't have innate high BBIQ therefore he has to rely more on coaching than say a player like John Collins.  Pierce isn't the teacher people make him out to be otherwise players like Cam would look better on offense since Cam is very skilled on both ends already.  Cam just needs to be around a competent coach who will him understand the game better.

Coach K is supposedly a good teacher, but Cam looked lackluster more times than not at Duke, despite being surrounded by two top 3 lottery picks.  I forget what poster on here broke down Cam's mechanics on his jumpshot, but he was exactly right about how Cam's stance on his jumper isn't consistent at all.  He's either floating away or doesn't have his feet properly set when taking a jumper.

My wish is that Nate simply tells him to make the basic plays first, and not the spectacular ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facebook was not trying to let me go. That was the most difficult platform to delete. Not because I didnt have will power, but because they literally make it next to impossible to delete. It's like trying to get out of a timeshare haha

Me too! I almost had to yell at Zucker to get out! 😂 They kept saying oh don’t delete just mute and come back. 🤦 

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I haven't deleted any social media, but it's definitely changed my opinion of some old friends, and not in a good way. Some of things people post are so obnoxious and incendiary. Or just not funny and not original. Not everyone of course, some people post things that are clever, witty or cool. But generally, most of the content is really bad, or just endless selfies and humble brags. At some point you're like, why I wasting time looking at this?

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When you watch Cam play, you see all of the tools.  The problem are his fundamentals.  I forget who broke Cam's jumpshot down here, but he illustrated how Cam feet and elevation are never the same when he takes a shot.   Cam also takes difficult shots at times, like he's a superstar.

Coach K is supposedly a good teacher, but Cam looked lackluster more times than not at Duke, despite being surrounded by two top 3 lottery picks.  I forget what poster on here broke down Cam's mechanics on his jumpshot, but he was exactly right about how Cam's stance on his jumper isn't consistent at all.  He's either floating away or doesn't have his feet properly set when taking a jumper.

My wish is that Nate simply tells him to make the basic plays first, and not the spectacular ones.

I think it might have been @thecampster who did the breakdown.

LP actually said Cam needed to stop trying to 'look good' playing basketball and make the simple play. He talked about him not being shot ready where he would give a little hop after catching the ball, Vince talked about working with him to get the 'noodle' out of his shot. These were things they worked on with him to correct. There were articles posted with videos that illustrated and broke down Cam's game the 1st few months of his NBA season vs his later games in 2020 where the game was starting to slow down for him. Then COVID. He seems to have reverted to his inconsistencies this season which took them 2 1/2 months to fix last time. The compressed schedule and lack of practice time doesn't help either.

I read somewhere, unlike some of the other guys (Hunter, Trae specifically who I think were in their home states), he didn't have or go somewhere to workout during the stoppage. He was stuck in his Atlanta apartment, only being able to go to the practice facility at his assigned time when it re-opened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it might have been @thecampster who did the breakdown.

LP actually said Cam needed to stop trying to 'look good' playing basketball and make the simple play. He talked about him not being shot ready where he would give a little hop after catching the ball, Vince talked about working with him to get the 'noodle' out of his shot. These were things they worked on with him to correct. There were articles posted with videos that illustrated and broke down Cam's game the 1st few months of his NBA season vs his later games in 2020 where the game was starting to slow down for him. Then COVID. He seems to have reverted to his inconsistencies this season which took them 2 1/2 months to fix last time. The compressed schedule and lack of practice time doesn't help either.

I read somewhere, unlike some of the other guys (Hunter, Trae specifically who I think were in their home states), he didn't have or go somewhere to workout during the stoppage. He was stuck in his Atlanta apartment, only being able to go to the practice facility at his assigned time when it re-opened. 

Yes, Cam apparently was stuck, meanwhile Dre and Trae were finding places to put in work. Why didn't he tag along with them? He apparently got some burn when he worked out with Steph and scrimmaged against KD. 

The shot ready thing pisses me off. It's a small thing that once someone makes you aware of, should stick in your mind. Especially when you saw positive results. "Stay shot ready, stay shot ready " over and over, repeating to yourself. Footwork needs to be drilled, but not the mental concept itself. 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yes, Cam apparently was stuck, meanwhile Dre and Trae were finding places to put in work. Why didn't he tag along with them? He apparently got some burn when he worked out with Steph and scrimmaged against KD. 

The shot ready thing pisses me off. It's a small thing that once someone makes you aware of, should stick in your mind. Especially when you saw positive results. "Stay shot ready, stay shot ready " over and over, repeating to yourself. Footwork needs to be drilled, but not the mental concept itself. 

You can't just say 'tag along'. Both Trae and Hunter went home, that was the mandate from the NBA during the shutdown - stay in home market or go home. As restrictions dropped, that's when he had those workouts with Steph.

You know that saying, you learn by doing - sometimes it just takes guys longer for things to stick if they don't keep doing those things CONSISTENTLY.  So it becomes easy to revert.

These guys aren't robots.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The guy plays no defense.  Hawk fans are constantly in "grass is greener" mode

I see him as a system fit.  Big that has plus ball handling ability that is a VOLUME three point shooter.  Yes his defense is ass but the spacing would be incredible. Can get mins at the 3 also. 

If we are gonna lose Collins to free agency, might as well trade him for a system fit.  Not gonna command the contract Collins is asking for either.  That was my angle on the move.