• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Even though the Knicks are in 5th place... We're still in it...

Diesel

There are at least 8 tough losses that you could say we should have won, even in spite of injury.

Well, we win those games and we are in 1st place in the East.

Someone said it before that Nate is the kind of coach who will steal wins in the regular season. I feel like until now we have been a team that managed to steal losses we had no business losing.

This aint no rah-rah hooplah, fairy tale jive. If we can just handle our business and stop stealing losses, we don't have to be anything special, we will climb the standings. It will take more than a .500 effort to finish the year because of the hole we put ourselves in, but its right there for us to pull off.

Nate said it in the last presser. Its time to string together wins, and stop putting together long losing stretches. So what if you drop 1 game, dont let 1 loss become 3 and 4 in a row. 

With that mindset I truly think we have a chance to right the ship.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There are at least 8 tough losses that you could say we should have won, even in spite of injury.

Well, we win those games and we are in 1st place in the East.

Someone said it before that Nate is the kind of coach who will steal wins in the regular season. I feel like until now we have been a team that managed to steal losses we had no business losing.

This aint no rah-rah hooplah, fairy tale jive. If we can just handle our business and stop stealing losses, we don't have to be anything special, we will climb the standings. It will take more than a .500 effort to finish the year because of the hole we put ourselves in, but its right there for us to pull off.

Nate said it in the last presser. Its time to string together wins, and stop putting together long losing stretches. So what if you drop 1 game, dont let 1 loss become 3 and 4 in a row. 

With that mindset I truly think we have a chance to right the ship.

Yes. It’s all about momentum too. I would rather be the team that is hot going into the playoffs rather than early in the season. If we can survive March and be in the 9th or 10th spot, we will definitely make a late run because the schedule favors us and hopefully we will have a full squad. 

• Premium Member

I don't know what that was... but I'm not saying anything will be easy.  We have to play smarter than we did in the first half of the season.  The talent is there.  Now it's just time for the brains to meet the talent. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My guess is NY and Charlotte slip out of the top 8 and are replaced by Atlanta and Indy. My guess and my hope. Still gotta show up and play hard. Gotta put in that work.

Will be a battle and with the short season a good bit more pressure on each game. NY has really surprised me and always thought Randle was kinda an on and off player. He is over 20 points and 10 boards a game and with their record am pretty sure those are not empty stats. Anyway he has surprised me as much as his team. Believe it will require some scraping for us to get in (me getting back on subject here). Nate is a coach that can surely help us get there I think. 

• Like 2

The schedules after the break really favor Toronto and Miami right now, they should continue to climb up the standings.

Boston, NY and CHA could easily maintain around  .500 basketball after the break and hold serve on their spots.

Indy has the toughest schedule and still no Caris yet. If anything we should over take them before our west coast trip.

Chicago may slip just a little as well, but could easily right under .500 too. 

Beating Toronto right of the gates would be for us.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The schedules after the break really favor Toronto and Miami right now, they should continue to climb up the standings.

Boston, NY and CHA could easily maintain around  .500 basketball after the break and hold serve on their spots.

Indy has the toughest schedule and still no Caris yet. If anything we should over take them before our west coast trip.

Chicago may slip just a little as well, but could easily right under .500 too. 

Beating Toronto right of the gates would be for us.

Agreed, also I think the Knicks will slip a bit in the second half.  That team has a brutal schedule... 

I think we just aim to end the season at or just above .500 and we have nothing to worry about.  I think its doable, going 20-16 or better

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agreed, also I think the Knicks will slip a bit in the second half.  That team has a brutal schedule... 

I think we just aim to end the season at or just above .500 and we have nothing to worry about.  I think its doable, going 20-16 or better

Yes for sure. We should have a strong finish after the road trip.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Who would've thought thought that NY would be in 5th place.   

Not me lol but I'm still not a believer.  I'll be surprised if they don't end up in the play-in at best

• Like 1