• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Northcyde we don’t need Trae to score 30, we just need to play smart, hustle and D up. 

Until the Hawks start to consistently win with Trae just playing smart, hustling, and D'ing up, we need his 30 points.

Why are some of you so against Trae being an offensive superstar?  Especially when you know that when he's on his game, the Hawks hardly ever lose?

The logic makes no sense.

• Like 4

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why are some of you so against Trae being an offensive superstar? 

Super human workload. I’d rather him have some left in the tank for the playoffs. Also, he’s the best passer in the NBA, why  not utilize that aspect of his game to further benefit the rest of our guys?

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Especially when you know that when he's on his game,

Not tonight. I think we can all see Rondo is on more tonight that Trae and the offense looked pretty good with Rondo running it. Some nights you gotta defer.

I feel like you are taking it personally vs objectively. We are on the same team, you don’t NEED to be right as long as the Hawks are doing well that’s all that matters.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Super human workload. I’d rather him have some left in the tank for the playoffs. Also, he’s the best passer in the NBA, why  not utilize that aspect of his game to further benefit the rest of our guys?

One reason is because his passing doesn't usually equate to winning because the teammates don't consistently score the ball enough to offset what Trae doesn't give offensively. 

Trae scoring 30 and getting 8 ast is a better formula to produce a Hawks win right now than Trae scoring 15 and logging 12 ast (and other 8 would be asts)

• Like 3

Just now, REHawksFan said:

One reason is because his passing doesn't usually equate to winning because the teammates don't consistently score the ball enough to offset what Trae doesn't give offensively. 

Trae scoring 30 and getting 8 ast is a better formula to produce a Hawks win right now than Trae scoring 15 and logging 12 ast (and other 8 would be asts)

Nah, I think you’re reading into it too much. Trae will get his but he needs to get his mates going too. His teammates look good tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Not tonight. I think we can all see Rondo is on more tonight that Trae and the offense looked pretty good with Rondo running it. Some nights you gotta defer.

I feel like you are taking it personally vs objectively. We are on the same team, you don’t NEED to be right as long as the Hawks are doing well that’s all that matters.

Your opinion on this is not objective though.  When Trae scores at a high rate, this team is damn near elite.  Why do you not want Trae to be elite?  Why do you simply want him to be "one of the guys"?   JJ at times, was just "one of the guys", and got absolutely got killed for his inability to be elite at times.

Trae has that juice.

Respect the superstar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Matt Richards GIF by HQ Trivia - Find & Share on GIPHY