• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who gets fired...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Even though his inconsistent shooting is a problem, Its the gunning while ice cold that represents more of a problem.  The guy took 12 shots in 22 minutes tied for 2nd most attempts by a Hawk player in that game while taking 5 3's and hitting none.  He Took 5 3's in the previous game also while hitting none in 17 minutes.  That is just low BBIQ at its finest.  Plus he doesn't offer anything else as a player.  Whereas posters bag on Huerter but at least Huerter is 1st on the team in steals and 2nd in assist with an assist to turnover ratio of 3 while shooting a respectable 36% from 3.  I said it when we sign him with that trade kicker that it was a mistake and that he isn't even an upgrade over Kevin Huerter.  He has done nothing to change my mind.  Plus his salary has the front office contemplating trading John away for cap reasons.  Just a bad signing period

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Plus his salary has the front office contemplating trading John away for cap reasons. 

Nope.

Collins was rumored to be on the trade block last trade deadline, long before the offseason acquisition of Bogi who we only ended up signing because of the Bucks snafu.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope.

Collins was rumored to be on the trade block last trade deadline, long before the offseason acquisition of Bogi who we only ended up signing because of the Bucks snafu.

Why do you fight for these lost causes.  You see this guy and knows he stinks so why are we pretending that he doesn't.  Reminds me of the Lloyd Pierce fight.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do you fight for these lost causes.  You see this guy and knows he stinks so why are we pretending that he doesn't.  Reminds me of the Lloyd Pierce fight.

How does this relate to my previous response that Bogi's deal has nothing to do with Collins being on the trade block?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

208 vs 13

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope.

Why do they want to trade him then Bird if its not over money?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Can you show where our FO has said that they "want" to trade JC or Bogi? Not something that shows other teams wanting to trade for them, but our FO saying that we are looking for trades for either one. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Can you show where our FO has said that they "want" to trade JC or Bogi? Not something that shows other teams wanting to trade for them, but our FO saying that we are looking for trades for either one. 

Schlenk said that he was taking phone call about John according to Brad Rowland

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Again, there is no direct cause and effect to Bogi's contract as to why the Hawks are reluctant to give JC a MAX contract which is what you inferred.

Meanwhile, you are ignoring that the Hawks offered JC a $22 mil per year contract AFTER signing Bogi.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk said that he was taking phone call about John according to Brad Rowland

He said he was taking calls on all our players though.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae and Hunter too?

TIFWIW:

Schlenk said he actively listens to all trade offers on each of the team’s players, not just Collins specifically, to get a sense of what the value is on each of them. He did acknowledge that there are several teams who have interest in Collins because of his production at just 23 years old. He was asked if he views Collins as part of the team’s long-term plans.

“John’s a big part of our team — I think he’s second on the team in scoring right now — we all know how effective he can be offensively with his ability to finish in the lane and to shoot the ball from the perimeter,” Schlenk said. “So we still view John as a part of our team, certainly. He made the decision this fall to go to restricted free agency, and that was his choice and obviously, we respect it. But we’re going to have the opportunity to match any offer he gets. We’ll certainly make him an offer in free agency as well, and he’ll have the ability to see if he can get an offer from another team. But at the end of the day, we view him as part of our team, and I don’t see a restricted free agency situation where we would just let him walk for nothing.”

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TIFWIW:

Schlenk said he actively listens to all trade offers on each of the team’s players, not just Collins specifically, to get a sense of what the value is on each of them. He did acknowledge that there are several teams who have interest in Collins because of his production at just 23 years old. He was asked if he views Collins as part of the team’s long-term plans.

“John’s a big part of our team — I think he’s second on the team in scoring right now — we all know how effective he can be offensively with his ability to finish in the lane and to shoot the ball from the perimeter,” Schlenk said. “So we still view John as a part of our team, certainly. He made the decision this fall to go to restricted free agency, and that was his choice and obviously, we respect it. But we’re going to have the opportunity to match any offer he gets. We’ll certainly make him an offer in free agency as well, and he’ll have the ability to see if he can get an offer from another team. But at the end of the day, we view him as part of our team, and I don’t see a restricted free agency situation where we would just let him walk for nothing.”

Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Too many people are reporting that John is available for the right price.