• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who gets fired...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just an observation, but I'm careful not to apply it to any specific individual since that can get one in trouble... so, folks, you just apply it as you see fit... what ever makes sense to you...

eeyore.jpg&ehk=Q2aZ1spv5KQeyDCjmOWqRRmMq

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk said that he was taking phone call about John according to Brad Rowland

That is not saying that they want to trade JC and you know it. He would be stupid to not listen to offers from other GMs, look at the packages that some players have netted teams in trades recently. But at the end of the day, Schlenk has not said that he is looking to trade JC. For reference to what I mean, look at San Antonio/Pop and how they are handling the LA situation. 

• Thanks 1

JMO, but the fact that Schlenk is "taking phone calls on JC" is proof they aren't looking to trade him. Otherwise they would have said Schlenk was making phone calls or looking for a trade partner. 

I mean, it's obvious to everyone that available does NOT equate to " want to trade" right? It should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Just an observation, but I'm careful not to apply it to any specific individual since that can get one in trouble... so, folks, you just apply it as you see fit... what ever makes sense to you...

eeyore.jpg&ehk=Q2aZ1spv5KQeyDCjmOWqRRmMq

I know it's donkey.... but as I looked at it the first time, I was looking for an Albatross.

Albatross... Bogi  you know.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

JMO, but the fact that Schlenk is "taking phone calls on JC" is proof they aren't looking to trade him. Otherwise they would have said Schlenk was making phone calls or looking for a trade partner. 

I mean, it's obvious to everyone that available does NOT equate to " want to trade" right? It should be. 

Many times it's the available players that's traded.   I saw the Windhurst piece too.  I just think that with the whole league looking for PFs, JC is going to be a high name on the list.

Unfortunately, I think it's the wrong time to trade him and that we should consider maxing him. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Many times it's the available players that's traded.   I saw the Windhurst piece too.  I just think that with the whole league looking for PFs, JC is going to be a high name on the list.

Unfortunately, I think it's the wrong time to trade him and that we should consider maxing him. 

Yeah. I'm on record that they should not - absent a blockbuster deal - trade JC. And I don't think they will. Trading him just doesn't line up with their goals of making the playoffs this year. I can't find a potential deal that makes sense and wouldn't hurt them in the short term. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah. I'm on record that they should not - absent a blockbuster deal - trade JC. And I don't think they will. Trading him just doesn't line up with their goals of making the playoffs this year. I can't find a potential deal that makes sense and wouldn't hurt them in the short term. 

It's not the goal of making the playoffs.  There's a fiscal benefit to trading him and Gallo or whoever they bring in his place may make us more suited for the playoffs.

But right now, Trae and Rondo are playing very good  so we don't need a guy like Kyle Lowrey.   Heurter is doing very well, so we don't need a SG... and Hunter is coming back so the Sf position is OK. 

But Zach Lavine would change my mind on trading. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/13/2021 at 11:16 PM, RandomFan said:

Better question, who eats crow at the end of the season for being a Chicken Little and giving up on Bogi too soon? 

Chicken Little Dancing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

we don't even have to wait until the end of the season. lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Bogdan is here to stay in the starting lineup. Heurter... I don't know what's wrong with him, he can't continue to have strings of games like this where he plays like the worst wing in the league. If Dunn or Cam come back I wouldn't hate it for them to take his minutes, at least they give us the defense.