• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who gets fired...

Diesel

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I remember Walter obsessed with him.  Is that when he left the board?  

The D-train was right there with him which kinda made it fit in this thread you know. Bad takes by an OP and all.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The D-train was right there with him which kinda made it fit in this thread you know. Bad takes by an OP and all.

At least in this case it was one post and not weeks of promoting Yi.  We all have bad takes and eat crow at times.  The timing on this one was particularly bad.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If y'all think this take was bad you weren't there or remember when we got into a discussion with D wherein he adamantly proposed Hield was better than Reggie Miller. 

That’s almost like comparing Horford to Karl Malone. I kidding. Wow Hield to Reggie Miller? Wow. 

The last hot take I had that was the furthest thing from the truth was thinking/hoping that Marvin Williams would be the second coming of James Worthy. I don’t know if it was a North Carolina Heel connection or what, I gave up that hope in 2008 or 2009 but hung on for a few years just hoping. I still have 2 Marvin “Worthy” jerseys hanging in my closet. 😢 

5 hours ago, AHF said:

And D wasn't alone.  We had people who called the Bogi signing a big mistake at the time of the signing and had others on this thread who were making the case (along with D) that called him out as a mistake, lost cause, low BBIQ, etc. in addition to D calling him an albatross, etc.

This remains the single best post on the thread.

For those who argued against him, it is probably time to just get some BBQ sauce and eat that crow.  It's never going to get tastier and your options are basically eating that tasty, tasty crow or getting frustrated when people keep calling you out on this after Bogi contributes to a big win.  I've eaten my crow on this site and it never gets better by waiting longer.

f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

There, I made it all fancy for y'all. Come on to the table. Don't let it get cold.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

There, I made it all fancy for y'all. Come on to the table. Don't let it get cold.

Mmmmmm.....never tastes better than eating because a Hawk significantly exceeded your expectations!  (He says from personal experience.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Mmmmmm.....never tastes better than eating because a Hawk significantly exceeded your expectations!  (He says from personal experience.)

I've been wrong before and had to admit it about Teague (opposite direction). But at the end of the day, we are just fans talking and should be able to admit when we make a bad take. 

• Like 2

Not trying to be a hater here, more a bit of a failed stand up comedian myself. As said by others we all have takes on both sides of the coin. Some are just maybe more adamant than others. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Diesel said:

I see the haters have emerged!!

I don't mind saying I was wrong about Bogi.   Sorry, but when we shell out 4 years at 72 Million, I don't want to see inconsistency.   So here in year 1, I will eat the crow... He's doing very well and I am pleased. 

Glad to know I'm still your idol!

😒😏

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Don't make Diesel and I share crow chips off the same plate please... he’s got more to eat.... 🏃‍♀️ 

That is such a weird visual right there. Yikes.

• Haha 1