• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks fav name: NATE (McMillan/Knight)

Hawks fav # (19 Collins/Huerter)

That’s CINCOOOOOO (5) WINS!!!

@TheNorthCydeRises @REHawksFan Nice win huh boys! 

Our superstar went for 14 and 6 and we won. Hmm 🧐 stats are funny sometimes aren’t they. RESPECT ✊🏿 THE VET POSTER AND THE REST OF OUR SQUAD TOO!!! 😉 Trae gets it, all that matters.

@Jody23 ON TO THE NEXT! 

GO HAWKS!

Hey man, we all celebrating tonight. I got no complaints.

Like I said to the other dude, you promise me they can hold every opponent to 82 pts and I'll gladly agree Trae can score 14 pts and feel good about the potential for a win. 

Some of yall just weird tho acting like this game proves some sort of point. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No, he was a good guy, very intelligent too. Team wasn't playing well, and his game adjustments weren't the best, but no need for baseless personal attacks on the guy.

I'm not talking about LP in his personal life. As a coach he seemed like an asshole. Someone who always blames others and never takes accountability is a 100% asshole in my book and that's LP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Some of yall just weird tho acting like this game proves some sort of point.

That’s your buddy North. 😯. But yup like I said yesterday I don’t care how or with what stats, a W is a great feeling! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

You keep going on about how we don’t need him to score under Nate when he has been gang busters scoring under Nate.  We need Trae to score.  On a given night, we can get some other guys breaking out.  If he starts averaging 15 ppg, however, we are in huge trouble.

As usual you make up some narrative that no one claimed.  @REHawksFan and other claimed that the Hawks can't win without Trae scoring 30 plus points.  Well that myth was busted tonight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think that should be 'lack of experience coaching.'  @kg01 was adamant that he should have hired more seasoned coaches to his staff as a first time head coach.

Nash did not hesitate to grab D'Antoni. A old adage about being a good manager. Its a reflection on your training abilities and talent evaluations when people under you get promoted. Instead of running from putting smarter people under you, that should be your end game.

Some managers are scared of having talented people under them. They are worried those people will be their replacements. Good managers strive for hiring smart talented people.

Nash did that. LP should have done the same.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Nash did not hesitate to grab D'Antoni. A old adage about being a good manager. Its a reflection on your training abilities and talent evaluations when people under you get promoted. Instead of running from putting smarter people under you, that should be your end game.

Some managers are scared of having talented people under them. They are worried those people will be their replacements. Good managers strive for hiring smart people.

Nash did that. LP should have done the same.

Not a lot of quality coaches wanna be assistants for tanking teams tho. Lloyd had to sell Nate on a vision before he agreed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Stop it! The dude was great and talented, he just can't coach. To be honest, he never HC at any level before this job, it wasn't like he didn't work hard, he did. He just couldn't coach in-game. That takes a lot of work. He really wasn't ever a floor coach. His biggest job was a defensive coordinator for Philly. He never had to know how to coach and before Nate, we didn't have anyone to show him how. 

There's a big difference between being the engineer/mechanic, and driving the race car.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

As usual you make up some narrative that no one claimed.  @REHawksFan and other claimed that the Hawks can't win without Trae scoring 30 plus points.  Well that myth was busted tonight.

As usual you mischaracterize what is said. I'm not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse or if you really don't understand what is said. Sigh. 

I'm afraid continuing to try to explain it to you is a lost cause.