• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

As usual you mischaracterize what is said. I'm not sure if you are being intentionally obtuse or if you really don't understand what is said. Sigh. 

I'm afraid continuing to try to explain it to you is a lost cause.

You keep saying that I am misrepresenting what you say but yet you say this

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Time to put these guys away Trae!  Time to score that magical 32 points!

Keep mocking.  It keeps being true though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Not a lot of quality coaches wanna be assistants for tanking teams tho. Lloyd had to sell Nate on a vision before he agreed. 

I don't believe the hyperbole of LP selling anything. That is just good PR speak and being politically correct  😉

Nate knows enough about the NBA that he can go just about anywhere they have a open spot and be an assistant. He also knew LP was on the hot seat. The man is not oblivious and neither were we.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I don't believe the hyperbole of LP selling anything. That is just good PR speak and being politically correct  😉😉

Nate knows enough about the NBA that he can go anywhere they have a open spot and be an assistant. He also knew LP was on the hot seat. The man is not oblivious and neither are we.

This.. It's all politics and saying the right things. Nate knew this would be his team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

I don't believe the hyperbole of LP selling anything. That is just good PR speak and being politically correct  😉

Nate knows enough about the NBA that he can go anywhere they have a open spot and be an assistant. He also knew LP was on the hot seat. The man is not oblivious and neither are we.

The Lloyd supporters will never admit it, don’t even try Buzz. They will say he was “great” just couldn’t be a head coach..or “he just needed better assistants”. COMOOOOOOONNNN MAN. 

One thing I’m learning on squawk is that people have some enormous ego’s and HATE being wrong.

I’ll just smile 😊 on the inside and be the bigger man 👨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

This.. It's all politics and saying the right things. Nate knew this would be his team

He knew if LP struggled he would have a legit shot. No doubt about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He knew if LP struggled he would have a legit shot. No doubt about it.

I agree.. If anyone thinks that after all went down that he would immediately start trashing LP they are just kidding themselves

• Like 1

You guys are being too nice. LP couldn’t coach. Period. Could he learn to be a better in game coach with experience?  Sure.

But as it stands he didn’t show me anything that he knew how to adjust. Instead he showed stubbornness making the same mistakes. He needs to go back to the drawing board as an assistant to a really good coach or I agree that college may be a good calling card for him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

No he didnt. If the team had played well this year CLP would have gotten an extension. 

I understand what you are saying as well and I do not disagree. I just believe he knew that it would not happen.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

You guys are being too nice. LP couldn’t coach. Period. Could he learn to be a better in game coach with experience?  Sure.

But as it stands he didn’t show me anything that he knew how to adjust. Instead he showed stubbornness making the same mistakes. He needs to go back to the drawing board as an assistant to a really good coach or I agree that college may be a good calling card for him.

He had his chance to sink or swim this year and he sank.  Fully agree an assistant position is the right next move.  For college, that is all about recruiting so not sure whether that works.   Hard to know.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

It is an unequivocal fact that the Hawks are 12-0 when he scores 32 pts. The fact that you keep denying it just makes you look foolish.

For the record (and where you continually misrepresent me), I've never said he has to score 32 for them to win. Never. Not once. You can't find a single time where I've said that. 

What I have said is that A. the Hawks are undefeated when he does score 32, but more importantly, B. the Hawks have the best chance to win when he has a score first mentality that allows him to use that to his advantage to get the rest of his teammates involved. 

That you continually take an all or nothing approach in quoting me is completely missing the point and is, frankly,, just humorous at this point. 

I can confidently say you have no idea what my point is as you have not one single time actually stated what I've said. Whether that ignorance is willful or not is still on question. 

Then why do you push back when I say he needs to just focus on making the right play or when @Spud2nique says that he needs to get his teammates involved.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Nope. Not a clue. But he has no problem incorrectly attributing weird ideas to me. 

The words he has put in your mouth...the consistency with which he has gotten it wrong over and over...yet he keeps coming back to misrepresent it again...why?

🤷‍♂️