• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

It was a damn near perfect game as far as I'm concerned.

Then we are on the same page.  I wasn't necessarily looking at him getting his shot because that was a function of OKC defensive approach but resisting a lot of bad habit of the past of not moving the ball and the turn overs etc.  I was proud.  And even when Hueter was missing all of those shots in the 1st half, Trae kept going to him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

this is EXACTLY how we've both been saying he should play.

🤔 ohhh okayyyy. Not gonna dig here but you may have not EXACTLY said this. You guys wanted Trae to score 30+ it seems and @Peoriabird and I wanted distribution and trust. BUT WE WOOOOOONNNNN!!! So who gives a hoot 🦉!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cwell said:

They struggle to separate real life with NBA 2k. Just want to move players just to move them

Good lord..It was a joke..Hence the lol..Calm down..

Just now, Spud2nique said:

🤔 ohhh okayyyy. Not gonna dig here but you may have not EXACTLY said this. You guys wanted Trae to score 30+ it seems and @Peoriabird and I wanted distribution and trust. BUT WE WOOOOOONNNNN!!! So who gives a hoot 🦉!

Sorry I was hacked! 

GO TEAM!!! GO HAWKS! 😂 @TheNorthCydeRises right buddy? 😉 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I wasn't going get into the circular discussion again because I don't want to be accused of being ignorant again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Not going to argue, but the point was never that he had to score 30+ in a vacuum. The point was always the style / aggressiveness with which he played. Yes, it typically meant scoring more, but I'm 100% fine with him scoring less if the open shots he creates for his teammates are being drained like they were tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Listening to this man talk basketball soothes my soul.  Is it because we've done nothing but win before his pressers?  Who cares we're never losing another game!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I wasn't going get into the circular discussion again because I don't want to be accused of being ignorant again.

I was trying to delete my post regarding this but couldn’t it was too late. I didn’t want a back n forth either it’s a lose lose situation plus we WON!!!! I’ll say the bickering for when we lose 😂 and I need to let out frustration! Either that or a strip club! Seriously when is this covid over I need to make it hail! (Throwin quarters)! 🥳 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Not going to argue, but the point was never that he had to score 30+ in a vacuum. The point was always the style / aggressiveness with which he played. Yes, it typically meant scoring more, but I'm 100% fine with him scoring less if the open shots he creates for his teammates are being drained like they were tonight. 

Agreed! Let’s keep aggressive whether he scores or distributes let’s just keep the wins coming. Skylar Mays could go for 40 and I’m fine as long as we win. 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Then we are on the same page.  I wasn't necessarily looking at him getting his shot because that was a function of OKC defensive approach but resisting a lot of bad habit of the past of not moving the ball and the turn overs etc.  I was proud.  And even when Hueter was missing all of those shots in the 1st half, Trae kept going to him.

I want him to get his floater going first and then pass off that. And then take 3s as appropriate. The mid range he started with tonight was just beautiful to see. When he's hitting those shots, he's damn near impossible to stop because his vision and passing are so elite. He draws defenders and then finds wide open teammates for easy shots.

My contention is if he doesn't establish his shot early,  the defense doesn't have to cheat as much and it's harder to find his teammates in wide open space. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I know a lot of people are excited but I’m most excited about the return of Dunn. We know what a lot of these guys are capable of but I think Dunn and his defensive presence are going to surprise and be a good transition when Trae sits.

Only going up from here!  Let’s keep this vibe going Hawks!

Yes, if he can get out there. A guy like Gallo, who can just stand there and shoot, can kinda dog it a little bit, but a guy like Dunn has to play with 100% effort. So there is no protecting his injuries. Looking forward to seeing him though.

• Like 1