• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers (3:30 PM Tip Time!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

A number of Hawks struggled shooting tonight and one player had "flu like symptoms". Wondering if its the result of them getting their vaccinations. Lots of people get a little wobbley.

yep, It was discussed in the vaccine thread.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How?  He only had a bad shooting game.

He had 11 assists to only 2 turnovers ( 5.5 a/to ratio )

He played decent defense ( Schröder had 16 points on 4 - 15 shooting )

And he was ( +13 ) for the game.

He was 0 - 7 from 3.  It happens.  He tried to blow the game open with his 3 point shooting, which he has done as recently as the OKC game.

Outside of that, he played a very good floor game, and probably should've had 15 assists.

His shooting decisions were atrocious

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

John Collins: 27 points, 16 rebs, 3 steals, 3 blocks.

I was listening to a national podcast that was discussing the Hawks and I could tell they hadn't watch much Hawks.  They were talking about how much John's defense needed to improve. Not realizing that man is one of the better defenders on the team now.

They also said Trae would give up 40 pts in a playoff game (The Ringer) of course.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You assume more things than any poster I've ever seen. 

It ok to actually acknowledge the quality of the opponent. It doesn't negate the win or the effort given by the guys. 

Why do you look for confrontations when not are present?!?!

I'm tired of Hawks fans making excuses for the other team

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pretty early in the day for me to be this exhausted. We let them hang a bit but we won on the WC which is a challenge no matter the opponent to begin with. So....good win period.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was listening to a national podcast that was discussing the Hawks and I could tell they hadn't watch much Hawks.  They were talking about how much John's defense needed to improve. Not realizing that man is one of the better defenders on the team now.

They also said Trae would give up 40 pts in a playoff game (The Ringer) of course.

I listened to it. I thought their commentary was pretty fair.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae only had two turnovers.  REJOICE!  The Hawks are also on an 8 game winning streak.  It won't always be pretty, but when they start winning not playing well, that's a good thing for us fans.

What I like most - despite the offensive struggles, the defense hung tough.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, marco102 said:

Trae only had two turnovers.  REJOICE!  The Hawks are also on an 8 game winning streak.  It won't always be pretty, but when they start winning not playing well, that's a good thing for us fans.

Just upset with his shot selection.  We talked about this before.  During the LP years another player would be beasting and Trae would go away from that player.  How many shots did John get in the 4th quarter?  Heck in the 2nd half?  Good point guards feed those guys and fan them... Not try to take over the game while being cold as h-ll

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've long realized that most these 'national experts' don't know diddly squat about the Hawks.

Are they supposed to shower undying praise on the Hawks? That's not their job. I give the the Ringer credit for have a half hour pod cast that centered on the Hawks. It was mostly positive, along with some fair criticisms. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

So Trae Young will give up 40 pts in a playoff game? 

I mean I get the point, but they don't talk about Lillard giving up 40 pts in a playoff game.  It's just a narrative, I can't stand they are pushing. Is he bad on defense,  Yes! Is he the worst defender in the league right now? No! 

Some of their other points were fair, but they had a tone that the Hawks really can't win a playoff series with Trae.  They also talked with a tone of finality that Trae won't be good in the playoffs.

I mean he may not be, but he could be lights out. Who knows.

Maybe we interpreted it differently, but I thought they were mostly positive in regards to the Hawks. They went to the trouble to have a podcast on the Hawks, which I think is a sign of respect. He was being intentionally glib with the 40 points remark, but it certainly is true teams will target Trae in a playoff series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No I just need fair coverage.  Even when the Hawks are/were at their best over the years it's always 'yeah but'..so whatever.

Listen the podcast and decide for yourself, but I thought this was fair coverage. Certainly more positive than negative. Glad they giving the Hawks some attention. 

And if refs are neutral then Trae could end up with twenty assists. A lot of "and ifs" when the playoffs have not happened yet. Eager to see as it is about time for us the fans you know. 

• Like 1