• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers (3:30 PM Tip Time!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe we interpreted it differently, but I thought they were mostly positive in regards to the Hawks. They went to the trouble to have a podcast on the Hawks, which I think is a sign of respect. He was being intentionally glib with the 40 points remark, but it certainly is true teams will target Trae in a playoff series.

And this is the problem, you think they went thru the trouble....they cover they NBA, why is it a bother for them to cover the Hawks. It's like 'at least they're covering us'.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

And if refs are neutral then Trae could end up with twenty assists. A lot of "and ifs" when the playoffs have not happened yet. Eager to see as it is about time for us the fans you know. 

If we can stay at 4 or 5 we have a good chance to win a series. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was listening to a national podcast that was discussing the Hawks and I could tell they hadn't watch much Hawks.  They were talking about how much John's defense needed to improve. Not realizing that man is one of the better defenders on the team now.

They also said Trae would give up 40 pts in a playoff game (The Ringer) of course.

I should update. The podcasts discussing John was the Atheltic Podcast I believe.

The Ringer podcast was pretty decent coverage, but the tone was what got me.

I do understand, National writers know more about every team than the average fan. However, they know much less of about your team than you do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And this is the problem, you think they went thru the trouble....they cover they NBA, why is it a bother for them to cover the Hawks. It's like 'at least they're covering us'.

I mean, we aren't alone on that regard. National types like Steven A. Smith basically only discuss a handful of teams. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we can stay at 4 or 5 we have a good chance to win a series. 

The Hawks match up well against Philly.  Always have.  I'm not sure how that match up will go in the playoffs though.  Milwaukee would be interesting.

I won't no part of Brooklyn until later in the playoffs.  The Hawks match up well with them, but I would like that not to be in the first round.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I do understand, National writers know more about every team than the average fan. However, they know much less of about your team than you do.

To be honest, on the national stage, the last time I remember sports coverage really being intense with our name involved was Nique versus Bird in the one on one playoffs highlight year. The rest has been watered down even though we took Boston in one of their championship years to seven games. Zaza visual right here would be nice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Brooklyn will be a nightmare.  The Bucks matchup would be interesting.  Philly we've played them well enough. The rest - we have a chance.

Well done Ma'am. And such timing. Just perfect.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've long realized that most these 'national experts' don't know diddly squat about the Hawks.

And they don't care.   The league only cares about the Lakers and Lebron this year.  Atlanta has a rep of choking in the BIG games and we have all seen it in the past.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1