• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

The others let us down. Trae had 28 points, Collins had 23. The next high scorer was Snell with 13. We needed a lot more from Huerter, Gallinari, and Bogdan.

It may be time to start Bogdan.

• Like 1

I had things to do for this game so I recorded it as usual, turned phone off and everything avoiding checking the scores all night. Came in fresh ready to watch and it didn’t record the game because it was blocked. 😢 First Hawks game I’ve missed in a while. 

Try to check out game time on NBAtv highlights and they haven’t had a new episode yet.

Went to sportscenter and it showed our highlights and I see we were up nearly 20 close to the end of the 3rd while Clipps played their bench and the bench brought them back. Ugh 🤦‍♀️..

Streak over at 8. Glad Hunter was bad. Hope to bounce back on Wednesday. Keep your heads up high young Hawks looks like we gave ourselves a chance to win and it just slipped away. 

• Premium Member

Would it be an overreaction to say we need some veteran help for Capela?

No more than that we should be really really anxious to see what Dunn can do, imo (... and of course we should be).

Related...

I'm one of those who think that the next realization/evolution in pro basketball will be the advent of the equivalent of what the closer is to a baseball team... 5-man units whose primary function on the roster is to come into a game with 5-10 minutes remaining, and effectively shut-down the other team from scoring.

• Like 1

Rondo has played pretty well during this stretch of games, but last night in the third quarter, the team's offense went to crap with him on the floor.  He tried to isolate himself too much, and the ball movement on offense stopped.  That damn scoop shot of his wasn't falling either.  When Trae came back in, I felt like they pressed too much on offense and let the game get out of hand.  

Then late in the game, I felt like the officiating was clearly one sided.  Tony Snell got absolutely mugged at one point with no call.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1