• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He looks like the lumbering Capela from early in the season - whenever he misses games the first couple games back he doesn't look as spry.  We really need a veteran backup C so we don't get anxiety when he sits.

Zubiac please...not veteran but  the way he sets screens and eats up the paint would be much needed when Clint rests.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kevin had a bad game - he has been playing really well in the previous games.

He had been playing solid, but having these massive duds sprinkled around solid performances is maybe not good enough. Bogi hasn't shown anything to say he should take his spot though, not yet at least. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He looks like the lumbering Capela from early in the season - whenever he misses games the first couple games back he doesn't look as spry.  We really need a veteran backup C so we don't get anxiety when he sits.

Cap flashing some yellow flags with his health. We've all seen what a healthy Cap looks like and this ain't it. It would be the most Hawk thing ever if these issues continue to be a chronic nuisance throughout his contract, hope not, but we know how this usually goes. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

They got really, really hot for sure but we also gave up a lot of open looks down that stretch.  Was frustrating to see nobody a hand in their face as their drained 3 after 3.

It's the typical thing that happens when the other team is playing with twice your energy. That Clipper lineup came in and they were playing 100% on every play while the Hawks were settling for 80%. In this league you do that against a good team and you leave yourself open to getting your butt kicked. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He had been playing solid, but having these massive duds sprinkled around solid performances is maybe not good enough. Bogi hasn't shown anything to say he should take his spot though, not yet at least. 

If I get a dud shooting in every 6/7 games, I'll take it, but he can't have an overall dud.

Two things has to happen, 1. Find other ways to affect the game with assists, rebounding, steals, defense which he has been doing, 2. If he's struggling shooting, Bogi has to pick up the slack.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If I get a dud shooting in every 6/7 games, I'll take it, but he can't have an overall dud.

Two things has to happen, 1. Find other ways to affect the game with assists, rebounding, steals, defense which he has been doing, 2. If he's struggling shooting, Bogi has to pick up the slack.

Exactly. Everyone has bad shooting nights, but Heurter has games where you could literally replace him with a roomba and it wouldn't be much worse. Those can't happen. 

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Andre Drummond.

But I've seen no one but myself advocating bringing him in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Andre Drummond.

But I've seen no one but myself advocating bringing him in.

Buy-in matters.  Drummn'd ain't coming here to be a backup.  If he was a 'team' player he'd be playing for CLE 'til a deal gets done.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Buy-in matters.  Drummn'd ain't coming here to be a backup.  If he was a 'team' player he'd be playing for CLE 'til a deal gets done.

Cleveland is the one that made him sit until he's traded/bought out. He wanted to keep playing. 

He's going to the Lakers once he's bought out. Rich get richer. I love the NBA but I hate the Superteam crap.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

He's going to the Lakers once he is bought out. 

Why can't he come to the Hawks after he is bought out?

The biggest argument against bringing him in, was because he made a ton of money.   Once he's bought out, he'll be signed for about 90% less than what his salary really is.

If backup center is such a huge problem on this team, why not get a backup center that was an All-Star, and is the best rebounder in the league.

This is the Hawks lineup if we somehow were able to add Lonzo Ball and Andre Drummond

PG - Young / Ball / Rondo

G - Huerter / Bogi / Dunn / Mays . . . I'm assuming Cam would be traded for Ball

F - Hunter / Snell / Solo

PF - Collins / Gallinari / Knight

C - Capela / Drummond / Okongwu / Bruno

Wanna hear a hot take?   If the Hawks were to somehow assemble a team like this . . . we're going to the NBA Finals.  

I can't guarantee that we'd win it.  But I would guarantee that we'd get there.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The biggest argument against bringing him in, was because he made a ton of money.   Once he's bought out, he'll be signed for about 90% less than what his salary really is.

If backup center is such a huge problem on this team, why not get a backup center that was an All-Star, and is the best rebounder in the league.

This is the Hawks lineup if we somehow were able to add Lonzo Ball and Andre Drummond

G - Huerter / Bogi / Dunn / Mays . . . I'm assuming Cam would be traded for Ball

Wanna hear a hot take?   If the Hawks were to somehow assemble a team like this . . . we're going to the NBA Finals.  

Do you seriously think that Lonzo will be happy being Trae's backup while looking for the $20+ mil contract?

:laugh1: why you do Solo like that, tiny, lol - fixed it for ya though.

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You're talking about what you want to happen; I'm talking about what's gonna happen

😆

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cleveland is the one that made him sit until he's traded/bought out. He wanted to keep playing. 

He's going to the Lakers once he's bought out. Rich get richer. I love the NBA but I hate the Superteam crap.

With all due respeck saphron (which is what you say when you're about to say something disrespectful), there's no way he'd be sitting if he didn't agree to it.  None.

Recall the AD situation?

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're the ugly girl at the dance huh?   No one wants to dance with us.

We need to raise our team self esteem.

Oh, please.  Circumstance is circumstance.  The guy is looking to showcase himself to get a huge deal.  Backup minutes on a team not likely to make the Finals is not how you do that.  Fair (to the Hawks) or unfair.

It's been fairly obvious he's a guy wanting to showcase his offensive repertoire which, since he has no offensive repertoire beyond putbacks and effort-scoring, is not conducive to winning - which is the real reason CLE wants him to sit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You're talking about what you want to happen; I'm talking about what's gonna happen

😆

Eggsactly.  I mean, I want the guy to come here as our backup big.  That'd be excellent if he plays the right way.

But, the reality, is he'd most likely prefer to waive a towel watching Lebron then tell the free agent suitors he's a "champion" so pay me more.

• Haha 1