Welcome home sweet Lou Williams........goodbye Rondo

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I read on another place that he said that, if he was traded, he would not report to the new team, but would retire.  If he does this, what does this do to the deal?

Or, what if he does report, stays a week or two, then retires?

:play_truck:

From where I sit, Gray, I doubt he'll report if there's any question in his head, tho. He's either in or out. And if he's out, then it's effectively $8m of dead money on our spreadsheet.

• Sad 1

For those with short memories.

Atlanta Hawks (2012–2014)[edit]

On July 12, 2012, Williams signed with the Atlanta Hawks.[13] On January 18, 2013, against the Brooklyn Nets, Williams landed awkwardly on his right knee and had to leave the game on a wheelchair. It was later revealed that he tore his ACL and would miss the rest of the season.

Williams missed the first few games of the 2013–14 season while recovering from his knee injury. He made his debut on November 20, 2013, scoring 6 points off the bench. On December 14, 2013, Williams scored a season high of 27 points. He finished the season with averages of 10.4 points, 3.5 assists, and 2.1 rebounds.

Toronto Raptors (2014–2015)[edit]

On June 30, 2014, Williams was traded, along with the draft rights to Lucas Nogueira, to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for John Salmons and 2015 second round pick.[14] On November 22, 2014, he scored a then career-high 36 points in the Raptors' 110-93 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.[15] On April 20, 2015, Williams was named the 2015 NBA Sixth Man of the Year, becoming the first member of the Toronto Raptors to ever win the award.[16][17]

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Don't be 100% sure of that. They are considering waiving one of Goodwin, Bruno, Mays and signing a big.

That means Goodwin then.

And that makes sense because Lou Will, at worst, is as good as BG.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember Lou scoring so much from the line in high school other coaches complained. A natural talent at racking of foul line points in the past and hope to see it here you know. Anything that makes scoring easier for us. He can score in many ways indeed. Like any picks coming in as well. Feel good about it.

This is a good point. I've noticed this year Hawks are getting in the bonus early this year, especially when Trae starts a quarter. Having Lou here to draw some early 2nd and 4th quarter fouls should either help Trae get to the line more, or have defenses back off a tad, or both. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Now we have an offensive option at the combo guard with Lou, and a defensive option at the combo guard with Dunn.

If healthy two very useful backup points or hybrids and both ends of the floor covered as well. Do understand this move and believe a great bit of it is Dunn is close. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, sturt said:

From where I sit, Gray, I doubt he'll report if there's any question in his head, tho. He's either in or out. And if he's out, then it's effectively $8m of dead money on our spreadsheet.

The salary is prorated though right?

Edited by bleachkit

Remember I was really pissed at Lou when he and Mercer signed with the Dawgs but Lou decided on money instead. Understand helping to take care of family and all but you know us homers and college ball. If he doesn't retire on us....all and more is forgiven. He can truly help when Trae sits no doubt. Trae sitting has consistently been a painful scoring flaw so here we go with a new weapon to help. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lemon Pepper Lou is back in town 😂 

And I heard the news as soon as I left Platinum and then Tattletales..Guess I should've stopped by Magic City....lol

• Haha 2