• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Luka and Harden too, but they get praised for it.  I literally saw someone tweet a video of Luka getting a foul after baiting the defender, but instead of calling Luka out, he proceeded to complain about Trae Young.  The bias against Trae Young is VERY real and is absurd.

Size bias. People think, "how can a small dude draw that many fouls? He must be cheating!"

• Like 3

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We won the game bro?!?!  It's time to be happy and positive.  Pierce finally got fired and you just re-channeled that negative energy on Trae.  Just get rid of the negative energy altogether instead of always looking for who to blame most

Better yet channeling it to the opposing team. Lol. They could use some of that negative energy. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I keep illustrating to you and others that part of the success of this team, is Trae being aggressive.   Those turnovers are a result of making aggressive plays most of the time.  That's why we don't have a horrible record when he has a high number of turnovers.  He tends to have positive plays to cancel the turnovers out.

Trae is the primary ball handler on this team, and he handles the ball about as much as anybody in the league.  His turnover rate is high, but he also has the 2nd highest assist rate in the league.

I can't name any 3rd year player in the history of the league that was without flaws.   As long as his greatness cancels out his flaws, that's good with me.

Live ball turnovers never help you win games sorry!  Why do you think the spurs were still in this game???  The Spurs stunk tonight and other than 2 players, nobody could make a shot and they got killed on the board while Atlanta shot over 50% from the field and from 3 and still almost lost.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think the thing you may want to accept, is that this kid CAN be great, and illustrates this greatness on a nightly basis.  If/when he puts it all together, this team is going to become scary good.

I agree with this assessment!

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Live ball turnovers don't help you win game sorry!  Why do you think the spurs were still in this game???  The Spurs stunk tonight and other than 2 players, nobody could make a shot and they got killed on the board while Atlanta shot over 50% from the field and from 3 and still almost lost.

You are correct. Every game there will be something to pick apart. You will not be wrong when you do. Trae showed tremendous growth tonight focusing down the stretch. For the first time I felt like we would win this game if it came down to our star vs the other team and it happened. This will be the best Hawks team we have ever seen over the next fews years including this one. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

You are correct. Every game there will be something to pick apart. You will not be wrong when you do. Trae showed tremendous growth tonight focusing down the stretch. For the first time I felt like we would win this game if it came down to our star vs the other team and it happened. This will be the best Hawks team we have ever seen over the next fews years including this one. 

They should be with the talent on the team but they have to play up to their potential at least most of the time to be a great team.  I love the team!

• Like 1