• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

23 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Clutch player. I am so ready to see what he and this team can do in the playoffs. 

I hate that play-in BS..It scares me a little being from Atlanta..lol..They wait until we finally have a shot at a playoff spot, to change the rules...smh..I hope this season is the last of it..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We only had 12 turnovers as a team.

Once again, Trae is the primary ball handler, so he's going to have a lot of turnovers.

Going into tonight, here were your top 5 in turnovers

• Westbrook
  • Trae
  • That dude in Dalls
  • Harden
  • Lavine

All of those guys have great responsibility placed on them, because they not only have to be the primary facilitator, they also have to be the primary scorer.

You know what . . . forget this.   

Just relax bruh.  We'll get that demon out of you.

The Exorcist Horror GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre - Find & Share on GIPHY

He had a few bad ones for sure. Obviously for four quarters Trae struggled... and to go out on the tail end of an inhuman road-trip with a bum knee and pull of 34 points for us (assisted and scored). That's simply amazing, and the clutchest thing he has done in his career so far. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm looking forward to the Lu/Gwu PnR. 

Lou's ability to get buckets should open up easier buckets for Gwu. Lou had 5 assists tonight.

Lou gave us good minutes despite not hitting shots. That's humongous if he can continue to do that.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

You are correct. Every game there will be something to pick apart. You will not be wrong when you do. Trae showed tremendous growth tonight focusing down the stretch. For the first time I felt like we would win this game if it came down to our star vs the other team and it happened. This will be the best Hawks team we have ever seen over the next fews years including this one. 

Still got a long ways to go for this team to be amongst the best. Getting at least Hunter and Dunn back soon would be a huge help. In the sunshine and rainbows scenario where we get everyone back and Hunter and Bogi play their peak ball along with Trae, then I wouldn't say it's out of the question though. 

Ok I lied, I just read all of your responses. People hated on Trae then 180 bam 💥 😆 ahhhhh good stuff. Now some of you started seeing Okongwu a bit, also pretty entertaining. What do I have to admit, nah Okongwu’s confidence and talent never wavered just his playing time. 

We got a big man African connection on defense in Capela and Okongwu and a Euro connection on offense in Bogi and Gallo. 

Last time I was this excited was 2014-15, but even then we weren’t built like this.

Hats off to Schlenk, I mean if he knew they’d be this good he was a genius, if he put talent together to see what happens then he accomplished that. 

Keep in mind, all this happened tonight without COLLINS, HUNTER and CAM. Those guys are all starters as well. We built a freakin tank. 

Good night and sweet dreams Hawks fans! Great night for us fans!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aali34 said:

@Peoriabird this is why the turnovers don’t bother me. Yes they are bad but Trae knows this and he’s not downplaying it. He’s still a kid growing up as a superstar player....as long as he knows there’s more for him to work on despite how good he is now I’m just not going to be worried or as upset about it as long as they win enough games to make the playoffs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, Bogi could have just pulled the trigger but he dribbled out the clock, bad play from everyone to be honest

LOL he had like 1 second after Trae decided to make a bad pass. And somehow it was also Bogi's fault. C'mon now.

• Like 2