• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let’s drop our agendas and rise as one

Spud2nique

Agree with @RandomFan.  Additionally, posters who hijack threads with their pet issue kill the board.  This problem peaked with a certain poster’s view on tanking.  Same guy thought Marvin Williams would be a superstar leading us to titles.  

6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Agree with @RandomFan.  Additionally, posters who hijack threads with their pet issue kill the board.  This problem peaked with a certain poster’s view on tanking.  Same guy thought Marvin Williams would be a superstar leading us to titles.  

No one ever said Marvin was leading us to a chip. At least not that I can recall.

• Premium Member

I am glad we are at least considering this. After a win I come here looking for a lot of jubilation and a break down of things that went right but often get people arguing or pointing out things that we didn’t do well in a win. After a loss I come in here looking for a breakdown of what went wrong but appreciation for the things we did right and can build on but often get vitriol about our best players having an off night. Weird. We have all been Atlanta fans long enough to know disappointment well but understand that it is the measuring point not 17 championship banners in the rafters. We are an underdog franchise looking climb out of mediocrity into something special. I want be here for it and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
On 4/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, AHF said:

@capstone21 has recently gotten some of the necessary changes in place that will allow us to complete that but he would be the best person to update on what a timeline might look like.

Hopefully this month we can see if we can make that happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 4/2/2021 at 5:21 PM, kg01 said:

My main issue is folks who complain but disappear when things go well.  I don't mind disagreeing.  That's normal.

Being giddy about the team failing simply because it gives one a reason to complain.  That ain't normal.

There's one guy that did that about everything and made every day and every thread about tanking. He's still the only ignored user I have and I won't even say his name.  I have seen some of this from a few other posters when we lose but its nowhere to that degree. 

To which I thank God.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Eh it's just human nature on the internet. People care more aobut being right than anything in the world, even if them being right is directly contrary to their own best interests. I'm a trader and I see it all the time in that world. People digging into theiir positions that don't make sense because they once made a comment about what they thought the market would do and now their identity is to defend their bias and prove they are smarter than everyone else while getting taken to the wood shed on their earnings. With sports fandom it's the same, everyone wants to prove how smart they are, even if it means the team they root for loses games. It's mind boggling to me but it's the power of the ego. I just ignore all that noise, it's no skin of my ass if someone wants to act a fool lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

There's one guy that did that about everything and made every day and every thread about tanking. He's still the only ignored user I have and I won't even say his name.  I have seen some of this from a few other posters when we lose but its nowhere to that degree. 

To which I thank God.

How do you ignore someone?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4564845

But no, really you just click your name in the top right corner to access the drop down menu, then click on Ignored Users. There is a space for you to add user's names there. 

Thank you for the laugh and the information.  I need to make use of this feature.

• Like 1

Precisely why I rarely hang out here anymore. Hawks games and season have become much more enjoyable as a result...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, hazer said:

Precisely why I rarely hang out here anymore. Hawks games and season have become much more enjoyable as a result...

I highly recommend this feature.  would love to have you around more again.

My neck pain from shaking my head at some posts has already improved overnight.  

Maybe I should do an infomercial?  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

You gotta tell us who you ignore atleast.

Wait... is it me?  Ah dang, if it is me, how will he ever know I asked?

Noooooooooo ...

😆 you read my mind I thought it was me but I didn’t wanna tank. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Thank you for the laugh and the information.  I need to make use of this feature.

I had 2 people on ignore, now it’s just one and am thinking I want to take him off, I must be crazy. I mean I really do love to hear everyone’s take but I don’t know if it’s wise for my well being. 😊