• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Some Hawks at Some Pelicans

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Hawks looked great tonight. Bogi is showing what he can really do lately. I so wish this team had been  healthy all season under Nate. I can't imagine how much our record would be. We are 11-4 under Nate.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. What a night! Bogi looked incredible. I have to say I didn’t know he was capable of this. He is efficient with a laser three that looks money every time. 

So happy for Huerter, hopefully this night will get him going. Okongwu came through tonight and even a whack to the face by Juancho didn’t phase. I lost my seat on that oops from BG to him. One rebound shy of his first of hopefully many career double doubles. 

Cant forget sweet baby Lou. There is no way he should have even considered retirement. The guy has a game that can be effective till he’s 53 (no pun Warriors, ok a little). 

With Bogi, Lou and our superstar Trae, the sky 🌌 is truly the limit. No ceiling on this team. We must still take it day by day and rep by rep to build this massive beast team that will be the envy of the league. High fives 🙌 all around squawkers! 

Go Hawks! 

ps Tony Snell hasn’t missed a free throw in 2 years. Wow. 

I've been saying this for a while.  LP didn't know how to deploy Bogi.  He needed to have an offensive set or 2 that allows him to play at a particular pace. He is very deliberate with his approach.  He's a guy that prefers a guy to dive to the basket as he probes the D rather than having others stay on the wing for spacing. 

He doesn't have blow buy level explosiveness, rather he has a deadly jumper that is very threatening at all times. Squares up very quickly. Top 5 form on his shot in the entire NBA.  

He's still not being used to his full potential because we don't have him spotting up after running off screens yet much yet. In my mind, he's an easy 20 point scorer with defense that's a little better than you think. He sneaks a few blocks in every game with that 7 foot wingspan.  It's not even all clicking for him yet and you can see how effective he already is when he's comfortable. It's a very good thing 😁

• Like 4

12 hours ago, terrell said:

I'm praying we can get 100% healthy at some point..Nate is getting the best of out of everybody it seems..I want to see Cam and Dre under Nate..

See this old article of when the Bulls fired Doug Collins after reaching the Eastern Conference finals and turned the reigns over to Phil Jackson.  https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-doug-collins-firing-20200425-2ass2omhq5gmrpi5bh7bmmbnoi-story.html

• Premium Member

Ok I'm almost a day late but hear me, I won't call Trae out today. Kudos to him, he had zero turnovers last night and didn't shoot any ill-advised three at the start of the clock.  Also, I just realized the Hawks can't win without their superstar. 

🤭

Great win, Hawks. I wasn't aware Lou could do any good for the Hawks but man was I wrong... Bogi is red hot and he kept shooting (and making!) 3s all game long, no shortage of shots in the 2nd half. Good to see Huerter hit a lot of shots, and finally OO is starting to show why he's worth a lottery pick.  Solo and Bruno, though... 

4th seed, here we go. :clapping:

• Like 2

Very injured bur just the same when the playoffs come around we will have a bench we haven't had for a good while. Am sure not everyone will be healthy because this season is just that way but we have so many parts now that we didn't have before. Nate will come up with a rotation no matter what as we just observed. Good days ahead. 

• Like 2