Way way way too early 2021 free agency wishlist

sturt

Two moves I will consider is

SnT JC to Sacramento with Bruno for Bagley and Delon Wright 

Sending Wright and Dunn and draft compensation to Minny for Rubio

Gives us Bagley III and Rubio

Bagley is pretty much a 8-10 million player. He's had injuries but I see him as a clear 14/7 guy who doesn't need the PnR to score 12% compared to Holmes 35%. He can draw fouls and he has tremendous talent we could try to draw from especially defensively as we did with Kevin under Nate. 

Rubio is one of the PGs I always wanted. Floor general who's a tremendous defender that can play with Trae and run the show for the 2nd unit. It maybe too difficult to sign a PG this offseason with limited resources. A trade might be our best way. 

Could this work, idk. I'll rather JC over Bagley period and I'll rather Hunter at the 4. If anything, Bagley as a 6th man could be appealing when Gallo is gone in 2022-23. At the end, teams aren't trading quality wings. You gotta find them and draft em. They cost a grip.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Contenders don't have Snell and Hill in the playoff rotation 

No, they have them in rotation just not as starters like we are forced to do. It's unfortunate for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We are not and should not move Hunter to PF. Philly is beating us with size so proposing we go smaller is a non starter.

Because Collins locks down Randle and Harris right? Stop it. Hunter is more suited for this role in the playoffs. Collins is a 6th man

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Because Collins locks down Randle and Harris right? Stop it. Hunter is more suited for this role in the playoffs. Collins is a 6th man

He also locked down Derrick Rose, so maybe we should move him to PG. :ph34r:. Hunter can lock down any player 1-4.

This has nothing to do with who our starting PF is going forward, all I'm saying it should not be Hunter. Keep him at SF with Cam as his backup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No he is not. Collins relies on an elite PnR PG to give him the ball. You give him that and he is a 20-10 fringe all star player. That is redundant now that we have Capela. We are wasting his talents here with Capela playing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GameTime said:

No he is not. Collins relies on an elite PnR PG to give him the ball. You give him that and he is a 20-10 fringe all star player. That is redundant now that we have Capela. We are wasting his talents here with Capela playing.

You really think either of them will score in the playoffs like that. Teams go out their way to take away our lobs threats and the refs aren't interested in calls where teams constantly go under our bigs.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:18 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Keep JC . . . sign DeRozan to a 2 yr deal.

If you can't get DeRozan, get Dragic.

If we did that and kept this same team in order for the most part  I think it would be fair to expect ECF appearance.

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Timing is everything.

Ideally, the JC situation gets resolved in the same way that it would have been ideal for MIA to resolve the Bam situation...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/07/offseason-extension-unlikely-for-bam-adebayo.html

... so, exhaust your cap space first, then go over the cap with the JC signing. Then, being over the cap, you have the MLE to fill out some of the rest of the roster.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

To no one in particular...

Timing is everything.

Ideally, the JC situation gets resolved in the same way that it would have been ideal for MIA to resolve the Bam situation...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/07/offseason-extension-unlikely-for-bam-adebayo.html

... so, exhaust your cap space first, then go over the cap with the JC signing. Then, being over the cap, you have the MLE to fill out some of the rest of the roster.

Bam signed an extension tho

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bam signed an extension tho

He's saying doing what the article suggested prior to Bam signing his extension - for the Hawks to use their $8 million of capspace in FAcy first, resign JC second, then use their MLE - he's talking the sequence of events.

On another note, I would like to find a taker for Kris Dunn and his $5 million. I'd throw in one of the 2nds we got in the Lou/Rondo trade. 

That would allow us to start FAcy with $13 million in capspace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The problem is we didnt stick to the plan , we needed to get another high pick this year but we didn't now how are we going to do that we can't.  Now we are at a crossroads.where we start having to gamble more.  We're gonna have to figure out a way to trade somethings for the absolute best player.we can get that won't allow teams to shut down our offense 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

we needed to get another high pick this year

After the year the Hawks have had and are still having, are you suggesting you'd rather have tanked and watch guys like Damian Jones, Allen Crabbe, Parker, Len etc. play for the Hawks this season for another high lotto pick??????

12 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Didn't look at it that deep but maybe so,  I'm sure Dallas will give Collins whatever he wants 

I'm not following your train of thought.

• Like 1