• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Way way way too early 2021 free agency wishlist

sturt

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, he looks good.  PDS guy.  If he's looking to start, OKC or CHI fit better for him.  If he's looking for a key role on a winning team, ATL makes sense.

I'll get killed for this, but I wonder if Austin Rivers would be a target.  I liked what he did for DEN.

He doesn't fit with the timeline for OKC and their backcourt for players already filled. Chicago doesn't have many draft assets to move. We got OKC 2022 we can trade back to OKC for Micic

He's too limited in the PnR. We need someone who can at least try to initiate the offense.

Edited by NBASupes

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't fit with the timeline for OKC and their backcourt for players already filled. Chicago doesn't have many draft assets to move. We got OKC 2022 we can trade back to OKC for Micic

He's too limited in the PnR. We need someone who can at least try to initiate the offense.

All good points.

Riddle me this, batman.  Do we not need another big body as well as backup 1?  I fear Bruno(t) is too far gone to reel him back into some useful form.  He's getting better but it's rough watching OO struggle while knowing we have no other option(s).

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

All good points.

Riddle me this, batman.  Do we not need another big body as well as backup 1?  I fear Bruno(t) is too far gone to reel him back into some useful form.  He's getting better but it's rough watching OO struggle while knowing we have no other option(s).

Idk honestly. I really don't know what we will do with the 3rd stringer C position. Maybe we run it back with Bruno

• Premium Member

Not among those who believe we need to make some significant changes in the post. Embiid is a force, stating the obvious, but we've already shown that we can beat a team with Embiid on the floor.

Having said that, I'm seriously interested in a reunion with a Euro at PG (Pangos)... I'm not as serious about a reunion with this guy, but it is a fascinating thought.

2021-06-14_09-16-05.png

2021-06-14_09-06-58.png

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Having said that, I'm seriously interested in a reunion with a Euro at PG (Pangos)... I'm not as serious about a reunion with this guy, but it is a fascinating thought.

2021-06-14_09-16-05.png

2021-06-14_09-06-58.png

Loved reading this update.  I was very excited about Tavares' potential and disappointed when he didn't reach it with us.  

Not among those who believe we need to make some significant changes in the post. Embiid is a force, stating the obvious, but we've already shown that we can beat a team with Embiid on the floor.

I think this is a really good point as well to consider how competitive we would be if we had Hunter and Cam on the floor.  Philly has had their entire top 11 players available while we have been missing our #2-4 player (depending who you ask on Hunter) and a key defensive option on the wing who started 21 of 26 games this season (I put it that way because I don't think his play would have merited continuing to start unless he really flipped the script on offense under Nate).  

I would be much more confident in our realistic ability to win this series if we had Hunter alone on the floor let alone the potential upside of both of them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think this absolutely was the plan.  Suck.  Get assets to build around.  Add free agents.  Make the playoffs and keep building from there.  Check.

The plan absolutely wasn't to suck ... pick some dudes ... suck .... pick some more dudes ... suck .... fire some dudes .... suck ..... pick some other dudes .... get fired, start over .... pick some more dudes ...... profit?

It's called the "lottery" for a reason, people.  You're not meant to keep playing.

And for anyone touting the Cade guy as a reason to torpedo a season, the last dude that was s'posed to be as good as him as Andrew Wiggins.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Based on what TS described early on about how he desired to rebuild this team, I said before last season that we would either try to compete for the playoffs then or this year.  After seeing our FA play out and seeing that we went to battle with Damion Jones as a key rotation player, I concluded before the start of last season we were clearly not trying to make the playoffs and that we were going for our last lottery pick.  This offseason, I predicted we would try to add talent and make the playoffs before FA started.  So from my perspective, TS has fully lived up to what he promised and has not compromised his process at all.

Did you need tommy john surgery after all that patting yourself on the back? 🤔

Kidding, I agree on all counts.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Did you need tommy john surgery after all that patting yourself on the back? 🤔

Kidding, I agree on all counts.

I didn't do anything of significance there - just saying that my understanding of what TS said he would do before he actually did it aligned with what he did so I don't think there were any real surprises or deviations.  Basically saying that it isn't just after the fact that I think this was on plan.  So I was just recounting my contemporaneous view to make the point that TS's actual actions fit not just now but the same way I was thinking about it at the time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I didn't do anything of significance there - just saying that my understanding of what TS said he would do before he actually did it aligned with what he did so I don't think there were any real surprises or deviations.  Basically saying that it isn't just after the fact that I think this was on plan.  So I was just recounting my contemporaneous view to make the point that TS's actual actions fit not just now but the same way I was thinking about it at the time.  

Uh oh, AH pullin out the SAT words.  I must've struck a nerve.😁

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Some left their heart in San Francisco. Others who've been located in San Francisco, however, seem to have left their heart in Big Peach City.

He's a free agent. I'm sure some would love to plug him into Solo's current role. But probably pricey for a team that's likely going to be dancing near or over the tax line.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Some left their heart in San Francisco. Others who've been located in San Francisco, however, seem to have left their heart in Big Peach City.

He's a free agent. I'm sure some would love to plug him into Solo's current role. But probably pricey for a team that's likely going to be dancing near or over the tax line.

Baze ain't coming back but I'll be lying to say he couldn't help us in that secondary wing role in Nate's system 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, sturt said:

Only chance for us is if he views that massive overpay as a pre-payment towards next year's discounted salary.  Hawks already got you $70M.  Come back home for a $2M deal like you did with GS last year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, sturt said:

To put a finer point on why I advocate for some candidates, not so much others who seem to have gotten some celebrity in this thread and elsewhere...

2021-06-13_14-08-03.png

By the way... that's not LouWill's number for 20+ points. He's had 6, including 1 30+. It's someone else's. Yeah. That guy. But the criterion is the purpose of this post, not advocacy for a particular player. The criterion eliminates more candidates, obviously, than it approves.

Here's my guy.

First team All-Euroleague and maybe more impressively still, former Hawks Summer League star...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

WAY TOO EARLY has past.  Free agency is upon us.  Several things have changed.  Water under the bridge.  No going back.  Yet, there are moves to be made by many NBA teams and, perhaps, by Atlanta.

Now, the question remains:  "What to do?"

:smug:

• Like 1