• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Washington Nats

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

Congrats.

Glad it's such an apparent big moment for you, Spud.

But pardon the thought... as i think back to the Braves of 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017... just being real... can't says I recall anything similar in terms of feelings or public reaction on my end when defeating those down-cycle rosters you guys ran out on the field... so can't really relate.

But enjoy it while you can.

It took you guys four years to get back to a winning record, right?

Well, three years from now, maybe even just two... if we still have our GM and owners and you still have yours... let's just say I won't be bookmarking this thread because I am too humane, too kind, and not that emotional or spiteful.

It will be enough just to be competing for another ring, while you and your friends remain heartsick that your team's leadership and purse-holders refuse to get that Scherzer-like pitcher who will put you over the top. Nothing will need to be said. I might say it, but it won't be out of any crying need to see you cry... rather, just to remind that just every now and then, the writing was irrefutably on the wall all along... and in this case, that writing says that the Barves ownership is a serious, serious impediment to ever getting the grand prize.

• 1 year later...