• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Soooo uhhh clears throat* how about trae young. He played flawless

That's the Trae Young we like. Obviously he won't be this good every night, but if you want to call him a superstar, he needs to play like this more often. 

Flawless game, indeed.

💯

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Dejay said:

As I stated in a FB page, this team is going to be a major problem for whoever is unfortunate enough to draw them in the playoffs. I shudder to think of what they're capable of when at full strength, which hasn't even been realized yet.

While the defense is still a work in progress, the offense has a NOS button attached to the throttle as the Pelicans painfully found out last night. When going right, very few teams have the firepower to stay around that long with them, especially if their defense continues to improve. That's not hyperbole or me being a homer, them's are the facts. 

As Jill Scott would say, slowly...surely...

The defense is never going to be good with all of Hunter, Cam, Collins, and Dunn missing in action. However I think Nate realizes that outscoring teams is our best chance until we get some of those guys back and his deployment of the Bogi - Huerter backcourt, which I honestly didn't see coming, has been a thing of beauty. Having those two guys next to Trae seems like a terrible defensive strategy, but boy oh boy when both those dudes are on from three are we not the most dangerous offensive team in the league right now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm not crazy enough to believe this young squad is going to win it all this year...but nobody and I mean nobody wants to play us for 7 games.

You're not kidding. Regardless of their won-loss records, if you think the Bucks, Sixers, or Nets aren't paying some really close attention to what's going on down here, I have some swampland in Florida that I'd love to sell to you at a discount. All three believe that they are teams of destiny and they know that a squad coming in hot like Atlanta has all the capabilities of royally effin up an entire season for one of them...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, hazer said:

So what happened to taking 10 years to get back in the playoffs? Also, the 76ers being a house of cards and not doing it right? Isn’t there an IQ test in place to be a medical doctor? 🤔🤯

I'm not sure who you are referring to, but I remember I said 5-10 years. It took four. Some of the guys said it would be on 3, or even 2. So there's  A LOT of guys who missed the target, lol.

But yeah, being back in the playoffs in 4 years is good enough for me. 

image.png

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The defense is never going to be good with all of Hunter, Cam, Collins, and Dunn missing in action. However I think Nate realizes that outscoring teams is our best chance until we get some of those guys back and his deployment of the Bogi - Huerter backcourt, which I honestly didn't see coming, has been a thing of beauty. Having those two guys next to Trae seems like a terrible defensive strategy, but boy oh boy when both those dudes are on from three are we not the most dangerous offensive team in the league right now. 

No doubt about that; the defense will never be as good while they're still on the sidelines injured. But eventually (more like prayerfully) a good number of them will return. And whether that happens in a couple of weeks or next season, that day of reckoning is not going to be a good thing for a lot of teams in this league and especially in the East...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The TEAM has grown tremendously since Nate took over.  LP ran a "system" that revolved around Trae being elite every single night in order to have a chance to win.  The supporting cast never seemed to be consistent enough to carry the team when Trae had an off night or was off the court.  

But Nate has torn all that down and created a TEAM dynamic where the supporting cast has upped their play and can now carry Trae when he's off or hurt.  And yes, they will still need Trae to be the superstar some nights, but it no longer has to be EVERY night.  I'm ecstatic with what I've seen from Nate because it means the TEAM is getting better.  And I never thought Nate could do this so fast.  It's really encouraging.  

Yeah, no arguements for me. I love what Nate is doing.  From what I read the players basically hated Lloyd and don't hate Nate.  That makes a huge difference, but some of it just players are getting in rythym.  I love to see the ball movement from last night and I'm loving the team sharing the ball. 

I just don't care if Trae drops 30 or 12/18 or drops 4 on 2/18.  No idea why some are so hung up on this as long as the Hawks are winning, I don't care.  Just win baby!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I'm not sure who you are referring to, but I remember I said 5-10 years. It took four. Some of the guys said it would be on 3, or even 2. So there's  A LOT of guys who missed the target, lol.

But yeah, being back in the playoffs in 4 years is good enough for me. 

image.png

time for me to dust off the way back machine   there was a series of KB21 leading the charge and me in quiet line stating tanking was not the way to go, but to flip cap space for vets other teams needed to dump that could still play.  Myself and KB21 were advocating for the type of cap space use that was used on our acquisitions this year. We were never in line with tanking. You flip assets for high draft picks (like Boston), you do not purposely lose hoping your scouting department is smarter than everyone else.

I'll find the posts.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Bogi is playing at an allstar level these last few games.

DATE OPP RESULT MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Tue 4/6 vsNO 30 8-11 72.7 5-8 62.5 0-0 0.0 4 4 0 0 2 2 21
Sun 4/4 vsGS 33 3-10 30.0 3-6 50.0 1-2 50.0 3 5 0 2 2 2 10
Fri 4/2 @NO 33 9-17 52.9 6-11 54.5 2-2 100.0 7 7 1 1 4 2 26
Thu 4/1 @SA 45 12-17 70.6 4-5 80.0 0-0 0.0 5 5 2 1 5 0 28
APRIL 37.0 8.0-14.7 54.5 4.3-7.3 59.1 1.0-1.3 75.0 5.0 5.7 1.0 1.3 3.7 1.3 21.3

Those are some prime Kyle Threesus Korver numbers right there.

Bogi has been excellent, no doubt about it. 

• Like 4