• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Highest BBIQ Hawks of all time 🤓

Spud2nique

Smartest on court Hawk ever 🤓   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Rondo in LAC, of course, he looks like a beast. It's like he signed with us so we can trade him in the middle of the year. 

Ya no surprise. Wait till the playoffs. I had the Clippers winning it all before that but now there’s even a bigger chance. Kawhi, Pg13 and Rondo, that’s a tough out. Kawhi will get 2/3 years I think. 

I am interested to see who has a bigger playoff impact though, Rondo for them or Lou for us. They both ooze confidence when it counts. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Rondo in LAC, of course, he looks like a beast. It's like he signed with us so we can trade him in the middle of the year. 

I don't mind that at all.  We got an upgrade on the floor for us, got rid of his salary for next year and picked up two picks.  Would have liked to see him play better with us but if he balls out in LA there are no regrets for me.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, I didn’t know that about Pistol 🔫, like I said I didn’t watch him live but when I see games on tape I see him understanding where everyone should be on the court like a game of chess ♟. 

I won't claim to have the same kind of insight as someone who watched him live because I didn't and his highlight reels make him look like an absolute basketball deity out there.  But for all of his phenomenal ability, the numbers never added up to someone who was efficient in a way you would expect from someone with his gifts and that was the case both in college and in the NBA and the only reason for that which I see is him trying to do too much (taking too many high difficulty shots in particular). 

Between he and Lou, both of them were big scorers but it was always a situation where Lou made more field goals and scored more points per shot attempt.  That was the case when Lou took more FGA; it was the case when Pistol took more; it was the case regardless of who took the highest number of FGA per minute.  Every year regardless of which bucket they fell in, Lou was the more efficient scorer and I think it was actually Pistol who had the more explosive tools so I put that on a flaw in his approach to the game that I'd analogize to the flaw I saw in Iverson's approach to offense.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, Spud2nique said:

What do you all think?

@Gray Mule @Buzzard @Thomas @sturt @Atlantaholic and whoever else is most likely older than me, please feel free to add a write in Hawk.

Think I will stick with the point guards since they are required to be rocket scientists most of the time anyway. With taking my time on it am going with Trae on offense and Mookie on defense. Both truly excellent with their strong suits. Want to give a novelty shout out to the sg we had for a few minutes Mike McGee since I was trying to remember all this stuff. He always seemed to start off a game with a steal in the first minute or two every night. Another one of those fun Hawk memories right there.  

• Like 2

Mookie was my first thought.  Could also be Doc Rivers.  

Other names:

Mutumbo, Horford, Joe, and Smitty.  

Korver was as pure of a shooter as it gets, but he could play a lot of minutes because he understood positional defense.  Remember the 35 page freak out when people thought he would kill our cap when we signed him?  

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Mookie was my first thought.  Could also be Doc Rivers.  

Other names:

Mutumbo, Horford, Joe, and Smitty.  

Korver was as pure of a shooter as it gets, but he could play a lot of minutes because he understood positional defense.  Remember the 35 page freak out when people thought he would kill our cap when we signed him?  

Positional defense is really everything that kept his head above water on that end.  

Well, other than his dominating shot blocking prowess.  :laugh:

Tumblr

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Positional defense is really everything that kept his head above water on that end.  

Well, other than his dominating shot blocking prowess.  :laugh:

Tumblr

I loved it when Korver dunked, too. 

Looking at that video, I feel like Millsap could be in the conversation for best IQ.  Defensive positioning, rebounding, underrated passer, and so crafty on offense.  Maximum use of his size and athleticism.  Made the right plays.  The transition from Smoove to Millsap at PF changed our team.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Mike McGee

Wow, OG take right there from our savvy vet Thomas. I personally don’t remember his game, I remember his name but I was a brand new Hawks fan back then of a year or so and was infatuated with the faces of the franchise in the mainstream like Nique and Spud. Nice call T. If there’s video on him I’d love to go back and take a look. Love watching old film 🎞 specially of ballers I don’t remember.

• Like 1

I finally put my vote 🗳 in. I’m an old school guy but went with a new school phenom in Trae. I truly believe he was born to play the game, (3rd generation point guard) If you grow up around your dad and grandpa 👴 mentoring you from day 1 and passing along knowledge to you while you already have the genes 🧬 for the sport, others should beware.

Our superstar ( @TheNorthCydeRises ✊🏾) will lead us to the promise land one day, I truly believe that.

1. Trae- Traemazing 🧊 In my view, only our 2nd superstar in the last 35+ years that I’ve been watching Hawks ball (the other being Nique of course). We finally got a floor general who has it all. Second coming of Zeke/Nash/Iverson all bundled into one fantastic player.

2. Doc- Floor general who rarely made mental blunders in a game. 

3. Bogi (He almost leapfrogged from 3rd to 1st, this guy.... he see’s everything). If he’s not a coach in some capacity when he’s done playing it’ll be a shame.

• Like 3

Think secondarily would put Bibby's crazy passing skill and IQ at second for offense at point guard and of course Doc as the second for defense there. For best IQ at that position am definitely sticking with Trae for O and Mookie for D. This has been a very fun assignment but it also has shown me my limitations on memory as well. Research has brought me some nice Hawks flashbacks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ty Corbin

I think I mentioned him in honorable mentions, I felt Smitty got smarter as a Spur but he didn’t make all the right plays for us all the time, not to say he wasn’t an all out baller but I’m not sure if he was fit for this list, just my take. I’d say same with JJ, a grinder, an all out baller, 6 straight all stars ⭐️ but I don’t know about BBIQ for this list. 

@Sothron Who you got between the two? Smitty and JJ? I think you’re leaning towards going with your jersey sake Smitty, just a hunch. Tough one for me, a case could be made for each.