• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We need a Lou type miracle. 

✔️ 

Also, a steady Capela, Goodwin plays like it’s his last game ever and Bogi, I just... I gotta 🤢 🤮 he makes me sick he’s so filthy. @kg01 I’m on my crow crackers. I think I’m in love with him. 😶 

We have crafty shooters that are clutch. Oh man oh man, I’m still on a high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I rock with Goodwin all day.  Freaking Lloyd stunting his development but Nate Dogg know what’s up and what his energy and toughness brings.

I admit I didn’t think Lou would take this job seriously.  I was dead wrong.  He and Brandon form a nice 1-2.

It appears Bogi was hampered early in the season but now I see what Schlenk saw in him.  He keeps mistakes to a terrible minimum.  .566 eFG and an almost 3:1 assist to turn, sign me up.  I keep sleeping on how freaking big he is and he uses his size smartly; his defensive rating took a hit early with his nagging injuries but now he’s shown to be a nice team defender.

I actually enjoy watching this team and I’ve developed a hearty disdain of 90% of the NBA.  Finding a way to win with all these different lineups is very impressive, let alone without advanced stat darlings in Dre and John.  We’re like the Raptors from last season.  

Hornets were 22-0 when leading going into the fourth.  Now they’re 22-1 due to ball pressure.

If anyone knows off hand what is our record without Trae this season and what is the point differential in those meetings?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I rock with Goodwin all day.  Freaking Lloyd stunting his development but Nate Dogg know what’s up and what his energy and toughness brings.

I admit I didn’t think Lou would take this job seriously.  I was dead wrong.  He and Brandon form a nice 1-2.

It appears Bogi was hampered early in the season but now I see what Schlenk saw in him.  He keeps mistakes to a terrible minimum.  .566 eFG and an almost 3:1 assist to turn, sign me up.

I actually enjoy watching this team and I’ve developed a hearty disdain of 90% of the NBA.  Finding a way to win with all these different lineups is very impressive, let alone without advanced stat darlings in Dre and John.  We’re like the Raptors from last season.  

Hornets were 22-0 when leading going into the fourth.  Now they’re 22-1 due to ball pressure.

If anyone knows off hand what is our record without Trae this season and what is the point differential in those meetings?

2-2 No idea what the point differential is.

• Thanks 1

Bruh you don’t even need to discuss Clint anymore.  Just say Clint gone Clint and be through with it.  I agree with Renee, he and Nate Dogg the real MVP.  That dunk by Bridges is probably the craziest I’ve seen this year though along with Kawhi a couple nights ago.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This team is mentally strong under Nate. Outside of a couple of abberations the Hawks have been incredible in the fourth, after being one of the worst teams in the entire NBA under LP. 

Mentally strong is right.

Too many times, I would see LP kind of panic when a game starts slipping away like this.   He'll call that frustration time out and his body language was horrible.

Nate is almost like a poker player.  His coaching experience shows during adverse times in a game.  And he doesn't make emotional substitutions.

I think all of that has translated to how the team approaches games like these.  They could've easily threw in the towel when they fell down by 10, and especially after that monster dunk by Bridges.   LP may have called a time out after a dunk like that, which would've kept momentum in the Hornets favor.  But Nate let them play on, and Bogi silenced them with a three, 15 seconds later.

Great gutty win by this team.

• Like 4

Our point differential is +2.  The highest in the East is Milwaukee at 5.5, which isn’t dominant by any means and they’re already a shaky team when it comes to playing style and consistency of effort.  The Nate Dogg Hawks don’t have that issue.  I don’t like anyone in the East down the stretch more than us outside the Heat if Dragic and Oladipo are healthy.  Which is a big if.  No one would be surprised if Embiid or Cupcake miss playoff games or Kyrie has a sex change.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

We shouldn't be satisfied with 4th place. Let's go for 3rd!

That actually looks attainable at this point. I didn't think it was possible a week or so ago. The Bucks play a tanking Orlando team tonight though. The Bucks need to 'keep that same energy' and sit their starters like they did last game. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Our point differential is +2.  The highest in the East is Milwaukee at 5.5, which isn’t dominant by any means and they’re already a shaky team when it comes to playing style and consistency of effort.  The Nate Dogg Hawks don’t have that issue.  I don’t like anyone in the East down the stretch more than us outside the Heat if Dragic and Oladipo are healthy.  Which is a big if.  No one would be surprised if Embiid or Cupcake miss playoff games or Kyrie has a sex change.

They hung tough with Brooklyn and blew them away in their house with LP running the show. The Sixers had trouble with the Hawks when Trae was a rookie. And the way Bud coaches scared in the playoffs, would any Buck fan feel safe with this squad pulling up in the parking lot come Round 2?

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

It appears Bogi was hampered early in the season but now I see what Schlenk saw in him.  He keeps mistakes to a terrible minimum.  .566 eFG and an almost 3:1 assist to turn, sign me up.  I keep sleeping on how freaking big he is and he uses his size smartly; his defensive rating took a hit early with his nagging injuries but now he’s shown to be a nice team defender.

2 - 2

• lost by 14 at Milwaukee
  • lost by 21 vs Utah
  • won by 23 at New Orleans
  • won by 4 at Charlotte

Point differential ( -8 )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2