• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandon Goodwin

Atlantaholic

Thought last year his defense was pretty consistent for the most part but didn't see much else until that one Orlando game where he looked like an All Star. Then it was back down to earth offensively.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I remember when he was in G league and the Hawks needed a back up PG.  I thought then that Goodwin would be what was needed.  He came in, played well for a game or two, then kinda faded into the background.  He still seems to fit well with our starters.  Not as well with the bench, where he is. 

Still, what we really, really need is a PG who can come in and fill in when Trae is out. Goodwin has proven that he is well up to this task.  He ain't great.  But, by golly, he's pretty good, ain't he!!

:hi:

I fought you a bit on it Gramps but you went “over the top” on me like Sly Stallone and I’m glad he made it through his hard work and continuous all out hustle. You called it. Just glad he’s ours. Just goes to show that you can’t judge a book 📚 by its cover. I’m sure he’s motivating everyone else on our roster just by the hard word he is exemplifying in each game and each practice.

Beautiful call Gramps. Between Haliburton and Goodwin, you are batting .1000 (not .100 like Bob said Nique said on the telecast the other day 😂).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

It also says something about him because Mays was starting to get some real minutes  back a little bit and said, hey don’t forget about me. 

I can't imagine Mays was ever any better than Goodwin in practice really.  Methinks Goodwin benefits from the changeover.

He’s considerably better than his advanced stats suggest (-2.1 offensive box, -.5 defensive box, .032 WS/48, O Rating 104, D rating 116).  With consistent 17 minute games instead of spotty 10 minute ones he should be around -1, .5, .060, 105, and 112.

He doesn’t have any glaring weaknesses with his dribble/ pass/ shoot IMO just noting above average, the team has to lock in so he fits well on that end; in turn his confidence can carry over to his defensive strengths more consistently.  He’s one of the better non-foul full-court pressers among BUs.  An integral ingredient to a contender, especially with active hands attacking passing lanes behind him 

I can’t believe Lloyd was such a fraud.  You got a guy willing to bust his ass on defense to help his hometown squad and you, a supposed “defensive guy” pay no mind to his development.  Tom Thibideau would run this kid in the ground and make him some real dough.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He’s considerably better than his advanced stats suggest (-2.1 offensive box, -.5 defensive box, .032 WS/48, O Rating 104, D rating 116).  With consistent 17 minute games instead of spotty 10 minute ones he should be around -1, .5, .060, 105, and 112.

He doesn’t have any glaring weaknesses with his dribble/ pass/ shoot IMO just noting above average, the team has to lock in so he fits well on that end; in turn his confidence can carry over to his defensive strengths more consistently.  He’s one of the better non-foul full-court pressers among BUs.  An integral ingredient to a contender.

If he can continue to improve his shooting while also limiting turnovers, he'll be a solid rotational player for years to come. I'm not going to lie, I thought before yesterday's game, that he'd be out of the league after the season ends. But if he can continue to keep this play up, I wouldn't mind penciling him as our backup PG next year. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Someone more knowledgeable than me can speak to this but i feel like there are guys in the league who's physical fitness is beyond the normal excellent shape of most players.   I feel like Goodwin is one of those guys and it makes his hustle plays successful most of the time.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I see what your saying but I’m 50/50 on it. I agree that being in tremendous physical shape HAS to help your hustle simply from muscle memory of the time spent training off the floor, having said that, and I hate myself for this, there’s Draymond Green, even when NBA history’s best defensive player of all time (NOT) is out of shape which is probably 90% of his career, his hustle and determination to make plays is kind of unmatched.

@Thomas @macdaddy I’m so mad at you guys today for making me actually stand up for my 2 most hated players in Garnett and Draymond. I have to take a shower 🚿 now I feel gross 😷.

ah i see.   You shouldn't stand up for Draymond.   Guys on championship (nba money maker) teams always win the hustle plays.   

• Confused 1

Goodwin comes thru again!  He's certainly not Trae but he's practiced with him and watched him so much that the two of them play alike.  Team doesn't look a lot different when either of them plays.

:sun:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Goodwin comes thru again!  He's certainly not Trae but he's practiced with him and watched him so much that the two of them play alike.  Team doesn't look a lot different when either of them plays.

:sun:

You called it Gramps. This Goodwin kid impresses game in and game out. He just comes ready to play, so refreshing. He doesn’t get caught up in anything but going all out, I love it. 

He’s really playing every game like he’s on a 10 day contract. 💗 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1