• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I thought the Bogdan story to the Bucks was not just that they screwed up / tampering or whatever but that Bogie had never actually agreed to the deal in the first place?   didn't he say that when he heard the announcement he had no idea about the deal?   

I think he knew his reps were discussing and what the general contact would be, but after the Jrue trade the Bucks had to lower their offer to Bogi.  Then the whole tampering thing - so of course he's gonna say he didn't know - and the contract was less than previously discussed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Glad I wasn't the only one that caught that.  Bawb put on a tiny t-shirt and sprankled that pure, uncut salt las' night ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47wpnij38uemr57ceueb

:Bob: "That's not salt under my nose, kg."

Bawb!  There's kids readin' this.

The other moment from last night I need is that swaggalicious smirk Bangd gave the crowd after that dagger 3.

Wait, what am I thinking.  To the Hawks twitter ....

Bux fans after soakin' in all that swag ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47v0pihgs74bbnvtyxzp

It be ok, guys.  You still got DDV .....

😂 I love this post. I’m bustin. And in awe of that salt 🧂 sprinkle gif, I mean is that even a gif or .. what sorcery is that..- Soth and I

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

... oh and another thing ...

One of my extreme gripes previously was that we, at times, played as if we were looking for excuses to lose.  Coincidentally, the 'process' 6ers played like that as well (see a connection?).  This attitude that, "oh well, we're supposed to lose tonight so I guess we're gonna lose".

Other teams, good teams, play with a true 'next man up' mentality.  They don't just say it.  I feel like we've been saying it but didn't really believe it.

Starter out?  So, let's go out and (try to) win.  2 starters out?  So, let's go out and (try to) win.  It's Tuesday in Salt Lake?  So, let's go out and (try to) win.

Of course, you don't always win but that's how culture is set.

So I say, again, Management what more do you need to see?  I'm sure there's some new guy out there that looks cute in a warm-up but maybe the guy with a beer belly is a better choice.

Folks thinking this, and other wins, suggests we're better without certain players?  Well, maybe think a little deeper.

The fact that play doesn't tapper off when certain guys are out isn't an indication that the team is better off without.  It's an indication that the team is actually trying (cul-cha).

Or are you suggesting you prefer the team lay their a** down just because so-and-so is out?

This. How many times have we seen a decent Hawks team fully healthy lose to a team missing a star or two? This accusation could be made of Bud's teams outside of the 60 win team. 

• Like 1