• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Cant wait to see Cam and Hunter under Nate..

That first game under Nate when LP was out and Cam went balls out without shooting a 3 was all I needed to see to fire LP for me. It was the Cam I been knowing exist but I really haven't seen under LP. I really want to see Cam under Nate. Life for Hunter should be even easier so I can't wait to see him under Nate as well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae and Capela have been the same.  But you're right that everyone else has had their game elevated under Nate.

I actually like how Capela is used under Nate a lot more than LP on both ends. 

50 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

...they just don't have the offense to win without Trae. 

You mean against teams that aren’t rated Top 6 and 8 in defense.  Oh.

I know it sounds stupid and radical bruh.  But say it with me: TRAE IS EXPENDABLE!  Two-way play wins games and championships, I wouldn’t lie to you.  The hot shooting kept the team afloat, the consecutive defensive stops sealed the win.

The difference in limiting Trae’s low-quality turnovers and the surefire scoring transition opportunities that result from having a defender so tiny is huge for point differential alone, let alone the ability of Bogi, Lou, and Kevin to make the high-risk high-reward overhead passes from the top of the key that Trae can’t make along with the other dozens of strains he puts on the team that I’ve mentioned many times.

Swap Trae with (a healthy) SGA and we’re stomping a mud hole in the East by now, injuries and all.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not a hot take.  That's just that hot hate.

When Trae has had games like these, certain people have been silent, like they didn't want him to be a high scorer.

Now that others have shown the ability to do it, it's all gravy, and just another reason to down Trae.

Unfortunately for LP, the big difference in this team ( outside of Nate's coaching ), is the fact that we now have a healthy Bogi, and another guard who can create his own shot.  So instead of living and dying by Trae, we now have 2 other guards that can get it done.

Don't forget about Lou. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm seeing a REALLY interesting hot take being talked about on different forums and twitter right now

It's about how the Hawks look without a certain player on the floor. I didn't even know this was such a popular sentiment 

Haters gon hate. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I know it sounds stupid and radical bruh.  But say it with me: TRAE IS EXPENDABLE!  Two-way play wins games and championships, I wouldn’t lie to you.  The difference in limiting Trae’s low-quality turnovers and the surefire scoring transition opportunities that result from having a defender so tiny is huge for point differential alone, let alone the ability of Bogi, Lou, and Kevin to make the overhead passes from the top of the key that Trae can’t make along with the other dozens of strains he puts on the team that I’ve mentioned many times.

Swap Trae with (a healthy) SGA and we’re stomping a mud hole in the East by now.

Stop it. Where were you when trae put it on the Bucks his rookie year?  Trae will put us over the top.  Watch and love it. 

Oh no, here we go again.

Trae might be erratic and sometime frustration but he is the reason why he is mostly hated by everybody and you think he is expendable @benhillboy?   

Trae is what this team needs right now, the Knick game can confirmed this.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Bogi should be the point guard going forward and play Trae off the ball. The whole offense is cohesive with Bogi running the show.

???

We only had 70 points at the end of the 4th quarter.

Bogi had 3 assists the entire game.

What games are some of you watching?

What you saw in the 4th quarter was Bogi and Lou get red hot at the absolute best time of the game.

What I would like to see from Bogi, is for he and Lou really be the offensive engine with Trae out of the game.

If we had this type of performance in the Knicks game when Trae went down, we'd be breathing down Milwaukee's throat right now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm seeing a REALLY interesting hot take being talked about on different forums and twitter right now

It's about how the Hawks look without a certain player on the floor. I didn't even know this was such a popular sentiment 

Hot take? Heck, I said last week that the Trae Young was hampering Bogi's game and that he should ask his agent for a trade after the season and got clowned on this forum.   Fans on other teams see the obvious.  Trae needs to play OFF the ball.  The offense runs waaaaaay better without him controlling the action.  Let Bogi and Lou keep running the point and play Trae off the ball or trade him during the off season if he starts whining.

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I know it sounds stupid and radical bruh.  But say it with me: TRAE IS EXPENDABLE!  Two-way play wins games and championships, I wouldn’t lie to you.  The difference in limiting Trae’s low-quality turnovers and the surefire scoring transition opportunities that result from having a defender so tiny is huge for point differential alone, let alone the ability of Bogi, Lou, and Kevin to make the overhead passes from the top of the key that Trae can’t make along with the other dozens of strains he puts on the team that I’ve mentioned many times.

Swap Trae with (a healthy) SGA and we’re stomping a mud hole in the East by now.

I think the thing you are missing the most about Trae is his mentality he has that Kobe/Jordan mentality. That is hard to come by. When the stakes get higher they go harder.   You will see. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

???

We only had 70 points at the end of the 4th quarter.

Bogi had 3 assists the entire game.

What games are some of you watching?

What you saw in the 4th quarter was Bogi and Lou get red hot at the absolute best time of the game.

What I would like to see from Bogi, is for he and Lou really be the offensive engine with Trae out of the game.

If we had this type of performance in the Knicks game when Trae went down, we'd be breathing down Milwaukee's throat right now.

I see the offense being horrible with Trae hot dog running the show.