Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The injuries are frustrating and we have had way more than other teams. I’m sure we aren’t the only team that feels this way though.

This year more than ever, the injury report for all games has been a big part of the game (we even have a thread about it lol). We don’t have so and so but at least they are missing so and so. I get the frustration, it just is a league wide thing with the short schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Basketball Gods trying to help us out hopefully Kev and BG are fine. Bulls and Suns take care of business to keep us right where we left off to start the day. Only the Celtics gained ground on us tonight. But I will take it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

At least the Knicks and the Heat are starting to lose their leads tonight.  Hope they both lose and this night will be a wash.

And they both lost!

So, this evening results in no lost ground for the most part.

Whew...

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Put Bruno in . .

Yes. We needed Bruno (can’t believe I said that) in this game earlier to matchup with Stewie.

BTW, I didn’t recognize Frank Jackson for a minute. How long has he had that pile o 💩 on his head. 😂 

WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS, VINNIE Johnson?- :Bob: 😂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure if I watched a basketball game or football. My Lions 🦁 could learn a few things from tonight’s new age bad boys. Did they watch a late 80’s Pistons game before the tip of what? Kinda rough housing, I’m all for it but gimme a warning ⚠️ first. Stewart and Hami were pushing their weight around a bit and injuring our guys a bit.

Well bright spots were Dunn’s D was aggressive and Medium/slightly large O had some nice offensive moves and that one swat where I got up outta my seat. Good developmental minutes.

Hoping Collins is ok he got big boy’d by Stewie a bit. Oh, and they should have reviewed that Hami call on Huerter for a flagrant, he knew what he was doing, maybe I dunno 🤷‍♀️.

Also hoping Huerter and Goodie are ok. We can’t afford more injuries.

We couldn’t hit tonight and needed Dunn to get his offensive misses out of the way.

Throw this game out and get ready for the next.

Go Hawks!

Huerter needs to take a little martial arts in the off season. When someone pushes you, the natural response is to lean back in. When someone pulls on you, the natural response is to pull away. Huerter should have pushed back in when his shoulder was pulled. Using his weight and momentum this way he puts his opponent off balance and usually on his ass 👊

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Huerter needs to take a little martial arts in the off season. When someone pushes you, the natural response is to lean back in. When someone pulls on you, the natural response is to pull away. Huerter should have pushed back in when his shoulder was pulled. Using his weight and momentum this way he puts his opponent off balance and usually on his ass 👊

Agreed. Pretty sure Casey showed them these before the game. I call them the prelude to the Jordan rules, the Nique rules. The Pistons blueprint D, when all else fails, get physical. 🤦‍♀️ 

A few days before..

2 of my most hated guys in the history of the game, well 3 if you can’t Mahorn. Laimbeer and Ainge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

This is the first game in a while we realllllyyyy felt the impact of not having Trae.  I think we take for granted how many easy buckets/looks he creates.  Watching parts of this game where we were really stagnant was painful.

Lou Will being out made it that much harder.  No facilitators.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sadly, this whole thing was foreseeable.  Even DET fans called this a potential bad-beat for them.  Unfortunately, we played with the 'excuse' to lose in a way I hadn't seen under McMillan.  With all the injuries it's actually more surprising we don't have more of these letdowns.

Oh well, happens to literally every team.  Just pick up and move on to the next.  I'm just glad these are few and far between.

And, what's this, the Nix lost too?  So they're .. not gonna win out until the championship, I guess? 🙄

• Like 4