• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes. We needed Bruno (can’t believe I said that) in this game earlier to matchup with Stewie.

BTW, I didn’t recognize Frank Jackson for a minute. How long has he had that pile o 💩 on his head. 😂 

WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS, VINNIE Johnson?- :Bob: 😂 

Ayo spud, can we call that Dombouya guy a total bust yet or are we still waitin'?

Also, at what point does Frank Jackson fire his stylist 'cause that look is just ... not it.

ETA: I must say Dunn's defense was a bright spot.  His "offense" ... was not.

His intimidation on the Hayes kid was pretty funny.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

Hawks.  This is what the games are going to look like in the playoffs.  Much more physical with fewer calls being made.  Pistons are not but they sure looked like they are last night.  Bummer loss.

We saw this coming.  A trap game, we said.  Too many things went right recently.  It had to turn around.  And it did.  Then, if this isn't enough, Lou is sick and two of last night's starters are injured.

Capela was playing but injured and it showed.  On top of this, Pistons were very physical around the basket.  Hawks continue to play Agent 0017 and he's having to learn on the fly.  Officials like to call fouls on rookies and he sure gets his share of these calls.  He's not sneaky enough.  But, he will learn....

If it's true that, the worse record our opponent has, the worse we play, Hawks should be fine because 76ers are ahead of us in the standings!

Dunn, trying not to look lost on the floor.  Rust showing, especially on his shooting.  With time, he will have a better fit and perhaps play defense without the refs blowing him down.  We caught a glimpse of what he is capable of.  Now, if we could get all the others healthy and back on the floor.

:smug:

• Like 4

I waited till this morning to post (I was not in a good frame of mind to do it).

Today was the first time I wasn't 100% in Nate's corner.  The Hawks were getting fouled, hard and consistently all game with few calls.

Nate needs to take a tech there and protect his guys. I know they need to toughen up for the playoffs but that is the coach's job to protect his guys. 1st time I've had anything negative to say about Nate (and I don't expect many) but I was pretty frustrated last night. If I was coaching, I'd have been tossed early in the 3rd at the minimum.

• Thanks 1

I know Nate's philosophy is calls work out in the wash but he needed to get into a ref and chew someone out. We are a finesse team and this is 2 games in a row where bully ball was attempted to slow us down. The refs have got to call a game even or someone is going to get seriously hurt.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ayo spud, can we call that Dombouya guy a total bust yet or are we still waitin'?

I'm still in the waiting category on this.  He is younger than OO and will be 20 when next season starts so still plenty of growth ahead of him.  This is all about his age, though.  He hasn't shown anything to get excited about and has looked putrid on offense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I waited till this morning to post (I was not in a good frame of mind to do it).

Today was the first time I wasn't 100% in Nate's corner.  The Hawks were getting fouled, hard and consistently all game with few calls.

Nate needs to take a tech there and protect his guys. I know they need to toughen up for the playoffs but that is the coach's job to protect his guys. 1st time I've had anything negative to say about Nate (and I don't expect many) but I was pretty frustrated last night. If I was coaching, I'd have been tossed early in the 3rd at the minimum.

First, I feel you there.  Quiet as kept, I kinda did the same.

Before I move on, let's hug it out ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47erg709mq9pzco63p7ez

There.  Better?

My only solace (is that the right word?) is maybe he's allowing the team to fight through this as a means for preparing them for the playoffs?  I hope that's what it is.

You'd hope the players stand up for themselves to a degree though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm still in the waiting category on this.  He is younger than OO and will be 20 when next season starts so still plenty of growth ahead of him.  This is all about his age, though.  He hasn't shown anything to get excited about and has looked putrid on offense.

I called him a poor man’s Mickael Pietrus and Jambrad didn’t like me for a month. 😞 I also got hate mail from Pietrus himself for the diss.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

We need the Knicks to lose again tomorrow, with 76ers twice this week and then the Suns/Blazers next week, we can use any cushion possible.  Hoping we can win 1 or 2 of those 4 games, which might be asking for a lot considering our injury situation.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Down goes Boston, down goes Charlotte! Good for the Hawks!

Scalabrine went smooth, clean off on BOS this morning.  He's so hurt.

Said Fournier looks like he doesn't wanna be out there.  Said he'll no longer speak the names of the Seeees 9-15 players (apparently thinks their top8 is still good when healthy).  Said they look like they're just happy to be out there.  Happy to be in the NBA.  But, after last night, their future is now in question.

Said Poku looked like Durant last night.

Apparently they sat guys last night assuming they'd win.  Haha, suckers!  They underestimated the Kenrich shagg, baybee!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/27/2021 at 3:10 AM, Spud2nique said:

2 of my most hated guys in the history of the game, well 3 if you can’t Mahorn. Laimbeer and Ainge. 

That Laimbeer guy taught Rodman all those dirty tricks you know. When a guy posts you up pull him into you and down to the ground for an 80s style charge in Detroit. Just one example of course. Remember in the Journal he was polled as the most hated player by Hawk's fans back then. I believe that poll was for some comedy relief at the time but just the same.... 

• Like 1