• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With the 4th pick in the 2021 NFL draft..

Spud2nique

The Atlanta Falcons select: @Thomas?

My Lions šŸ¦ are up at 7 (the real reason I made this thread letā€™s face it lol)

Are the dirty birds going Kyle Pitts or shocking the world and going QB?Ā 
Ā 

For the Lions šŸ¦ my dream scenario is:

1. Jaā€™Marr Chase

2. DeVonta SmithĀ 

3. Trey Lance (Trae rec Trey, 2/3 of my big league teams would have a Tr(a)e(y) as their leader, with Goff being the stop gap QB.

4. Micah Parsons

5. Penei Sewell ( he will be off the board I think but you canā€™t pass on a guy like him).

6. Justin Fields (though Iā€™m not in love with his mechanics).

Ā 

• Like 2

If you take the Julio trade after June 1rst with some belief then maybe we take Pitts. After watching him way to much and reading about his reviews see him as a long time All Pro. Maybe give him a couple of years to get there. Other than that would say Trey Lance being ready in two or three years from now makesĀ sense with Matt restructuring. People talk like MattĀ is gone after next season but seriously doubt that. Trey could develop similar toĀ the way Aaron Rodgers did. The league is becoming moreĀ dual threat now (except Brady of course) so can see it. Of coursing trading down is popular too. If Arthur Smith and his offense is for real than Pitts seems most likely to me though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Other than that would say Trey Lance being ready in two or three years from now makesĀ sense with Matt restructuring.

If Iā€™m the Falcons I do this. Itā€™s a QB league and this kid has IT. Pitts is a super versatile tight end but Iā€™d still go with Lance.

• Like 2

I like the idea of moving Julio and/or 4 getting more ammo. My top 4 in alphabetical order for the Falcons:

Jones, Pitts, Slater, Surtain

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I think he busts. Call me crazy.

I think he is Mr Underrated. Everyone wants the mobile QB. But facts are Brady, Brees, and Rogers have been tops in the league for over a decade.

15 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think he is Mr Underrated. Everyone wants the mobile QB. But facts are Brady, Brees, and Rogers have been tops in the league for over a decade.

Always thought of Brees and Rodgers as just mobile enough (Rodgers actually pretty savvy at gaining those firsts on the ground if there was no one open). But definitely get what you are saying with Brady though am not sure he is completely human.Ā The never aging thing is a bit Dorian Gray stuff to me.

So Kyle Pitts it is. The cat is pretty freakish withĀ his size and with his athleticism. Great hands. Gonna score a bunch of touchdowns for us. Very ok with this pick. Work on the OG situation and then probably the DE, CB and RB positions the next rounds. Maybe a midround QB like Mond since we have zero behind Matt at this moment. We brought in some FA safeties but if a talent upgrade could be had mid or late rounds then go for it.Ā 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Thomas said:

So Kyle Pitts it is. The cat is pretty freakish withĀ his size and with his athleticism. Great hands. Gonna score a bunch of touchdowns for us. Very ok with this pick. Work on the OG situation and then probably the DE, CB and RB positions the next rounds. Maybe a midround QB like Mond since we have zero behind Matt at this moment. We brought in some FA safeties but if a talent upgrade could be had mid or late rounds then go for it.Ā 

They did what they usually do. Take the super star potential. I am good with the pick. Trading down was only a hope of mine because of all the holes to fill. Offensive line, Edge rusher, and Corner are big needs.

The Falcons have the 3rd pick in the 2nd round. Players I like are:

Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia

Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

Jenkins is probably the best offensive lineman left in the draft. The Georgia kid was a under performer but the physical tools are there. Samuel was inconsistent but he has the tool set to be a everyday starter.

Wyatt Davis from Ohio State is a sleeper offensive lineman. 2020 was injury plagued but his 2019 season had 1st round talent written all over it.

Edited by Buzzard

"The best defense is a good offense."Ā  If your offense can control the ball and keep it, your opponent can't score.Ā  I like.Ā  Drafted a good offensive lineman @#3.Ā Ā 

Big, talented tight end.Ā  Big, talented lineman.Ā  Needed: A back up QB.Ā  We're getting there.

And, hopefully, a talented defensive back with 2nd pick.Ā Ā 

:smug:

• Like 3

Not passing on a generational type talent in Pitts is solid. 5 years from now Pitts can be catching balls from the newest QB in Atlanta. I think they chased enough on defense to improve in that area. I like Grant and Hall a lot. Defensive line was a weak spot in this draft but they still drafted Graham and Ogundeji. Keeping Matt Ryan upright with two offensive lineman had to be a priority also.

I can see the difference between this draft and past Dimitroff drafts. There were not any shocking reaches in this one. In the past it seemed like they were taking 4th/5th round picks in the 2nd/3rd round. Plus trading up to get them. The last three picks were great in that they were not unknown talents. Dimitroff was famous for his draft day curve balls. Every player picked by Fontenot was a known quantity with possible upside.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2021 at 9:25 AM, Spud2nique said:

The Atlanta Falcons select: @Thomas?

My Lions šŸ¦ are up at 7 (the real reason I made this thread letā€™s face it lol)

Are the dirty birds going Kyle Pitts or shocking the world and going QB?Ā 
Ā 

For the Lions šŸ¦ my dream scenario is:

1. Jaā€™Marr Chase

2. DeVonta SmithĀ 

3. Trey Lance (Trae rec Trey, 2/3 of my big league teams would have a Tr(a)e(y) as their leader, with Goff being the stop gap QB.

4. Micah Parsons

5. Penei Sewell ( he will be off the board I think but you canā€™t pass on a guy like him).

6. Justin Fields (though Iā€™m not in love with his mechanics).

Ā 

Your Lions got Sewell and who looks like a solid defensive lineman in Onwuzurike.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:07 PM, Buzzard said:

Your Lions got Sewell and who looks like a solid defensive lineman in Onwuzurike.

He was my number 1 guy. We havenā€™t gone big like this since 92, itā€™s been a while. Gotta win the battles in the trenches, cliche yes but this was an A/A- draft for the Lions šŸ¦.Ā 
Ā 

My #2 and #3 were Jaā€™Marr and Devonta respectively.

Falcons get an A as well. Pitts is a revolutionary type TE imo.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am very happy with three of our UDFA guys. The running backs of Huntley and Hawkins are the Thunder and Lightning pickups. And even though I didn't like him in college (when he was at Florida that is) Feleipe Franks is a good after draft pick up at QB. Tall and with a big arm and hopefully he has/will mature. Never know.

• Like 2

So have been watching clips of our big RB rookie Caleb Huntley and do believe Qadree Ollison is gonna have his work cut out for him keeping these calledĀ big bruiser role on the Falcons. Gonna be a very healthy competition there.

• Like 2