• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forgotten Hawks of Years Past

AUhawksfan

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I envy anyone who can't remember the Smitty trade and the debacle it left in Atlanta.

We've had some dark years, homes.

Also, there's a dude from rgm tryna get onto the squawk (shakes).  I told him all the mods are jerks but he still wants to know how to get an account. 😏

• Like 1

I hope no one forgets that the retired Marvin Williams was once a Hawk.  He wasn't a full time starter in school but he was a pretty high draft pick.  He was never as good as we hoped but he had a good career.  Sometimes things just will not work out for Atlanta.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gray Mule said:

I hope no one forgets that the retired Marvin Williams was once a Hawk.  He wasn't a full time starter in school but he was a pretty high draft pick.  He was never as good as we hoped but he had a good career.  Sometimes things just will not work out for Atlanta.

:smug:

Tony Delk. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, AHF said:

I envy anyone who can't remember the Smitty trade and the debacle it left in Atlanta.

My avatar won't even discuss that. I'm still salty we traded one of the most high character people in the entire sports world in Smitty for that walking nutjob in Rider.

• Thanks 2

On 4/30/2021 at 10:57 AM, Diesel said:

Ok... Went through all four pages of this..  Where is:

Hanno Mottola?

Al Henderson?

Shelden...  Mr. Parker. 

Matt Maloney.

Ok... these guys wasn't that popular...

How about Craig Ehlo....  Jordan Punched me in the eye on his way to the finals?

How about LaPhonzo Ellis?

Shelvin "Return of the" Mack...

And Last but not Least.... This guy!!!!!

285 Toni Kukoc Hawks Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

He may be a Hall of Famer. 

I forgot about LaPhonzo Ellis

On 5/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, AHF said:

Please let him know that we are working through an issue with Invision right now.  @capstone21 is on the job.  We'll pass that back through you and Jay when it is resolved and we can welcome him on board.  

Nothing wrong with us mods.

the-jerk-oral-history.png

Ya Shakes wanted to get on a couple months ago. I just figured the mods hated him. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, sillent said:

I forgot about LaPhonzo Ellis

I had such high hopes for him. Seems like we went through a ton of different guys like Ellis and Ken Norman, etc. until settling on the steady but totally un-explosive Ty Corbin.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, AHF said:

Who is going to forget Glenn Robinson?  Part of the infamous "playoff guarantee" season?  He, Reef and JT ended up forming the nucleus of maybe the most disappointing Hawks team in our lifetime.  His 20 ppg on a .519% TS% was some truly empty scoring along some terrible D.

Neither forgotten nor forgiven.

Thank you! I couldn't stand big dog Robinson! Terrible BBIQ! Was always trying to bring the ball up with the PG right next to him doing tricks and then getting it stolen for a layup. I remember being so excited about the guarantee season and I feel he was the reason that season went so bad. 

Has anyone mentioned Jeff Shepherd? Dan d*ck-Ow?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, warcore said:

Thank you! I couldn't stand big dog Robinson! Terrible BBIQ! Was always trying to bring the ball up with the PG right next to him doing tricks and then getting it stolen for a layup. I remember being so excited about the guarantee season and I feel he was the reason that season went so bad. 

Has anyone mentioned Jeff Shepherd? Dan d*ck-Ow?

I mentioned the Georgia Peach earlier.  I mostly remember DD for being the guy we passed on Tony Parker to get.  Ugh.  (Reminder, we had the #27 pick in the 2001 draft and despite Jamaal Tinsley and Tony Parker available and ending up picks 27 and 28 Babcock dealt the pick for a future draft choice.  Babcock then flipped that future pick to Sacramento for the rights to #28 pick Dan Dickau.  So Babcock with his usual draft acumen passed directly on HOF Tony Parker and vastly superior Tinsley to get the eminently forgettable Dickau.  Typical Babcock move.)

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Here's one no one said and I don't hate the guy or anything just more of the theme of FORGOTTEN and not HATED former ex-Hawks.

Blair Rasmussen.  He came over from the Nuggets and the year before he came here I think he was putting up like 12 or 13 points a game and 2 blocks a game too.  He came over here and yeah...that block part of his game was totally gone. I think he got hurt and had to call it a career early. 

Just now, Sothron said:

Here's one no one said and I don't hate the guy or anything just more of the theme of FORGOTTEN and not HATED former ex-Hawks.

Blair Rasmussen.  He came over from the Nuggets and the year before he came here I think he was putting up like 12 or 13 points a game and 2 blocks a game too.  He came over here and yeah...that block part of his game was totally gone. I think he got hurt and had to call it a career early. 

bbb78173a4154bfeadd4160b5bb3cfc3_back.jp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

bbb78173a4154bfeadd4160b5bb3cfc3_back.jp

Ya he was a big that could shoot before it was a trend for centers and bigs in general. Thought he’d open up the floor more for Nique but didn’t really happen as I’d hoped.

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone mentioned Mo Cheeks. On his last legs, I want to say we had him and Sidney Moncrief another NBA great in the same season but I could be wrong. Probably not the year year though because I remember Moncrief in the playoffs series where we took the Pistons to 5 games in round 1 and Cheeks wasn’t on that team.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

This was before I really became invested in Basketball, but I had no idea we had Stephen Jackson on our squad.

I was just about to add Stephen Jackson! 

I completely forgot about him until I just stumbled on a video of him and Artest talking about the Malice in the Palace.

• Haha 1

Just now, bird_dirt said:

I was just about to add Stephen Jackson! 

I completely forgot about him until I just stumbled on a video of him and Artest talking about the Malice in the Palace.

Love that beat down, it was fun. 

• Like 1