• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Zach's still back in Chi-town, I believe, but...

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-swoon-validates-debate-zach-lavines-protocol-return

...the Bulls remain without Zach LaVine, who took a small step forward Friday but remains in the league’s health and safety protocols. In a surprise, LaVine, who will miss his 10th game Saturday, sat on the bench in street clothes and a mask.

That marked LaVine’s first time around teammates since he first entered the league’s health and safety protocols on April 15.

“To be honest with you, I didn’t even know he was cleared to be around our team,” Donovan said.

The fact that he has cleared quarantine but hasn’t been cleared for activity suggests he hasn’t finished the cardiac screening that is part of the league’s return-to-play protocols following a positive test for COVID-19. After returning consecutive negative tests for the virus, cardiac screening is the final step before individual workouts, which precede being cleared for joining team practices.

And from the article, a herd of Bulls received "Dose Dos" on Thursday.

~lw3

• Moderators

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/bulls-denzel-valentine-music-rap-ep-videos

Meanwhile, Denzel's debut EP, appropriately released on Valentine's Day, hasn't drawn 50,000 likes. But earlier this week, one embittered Bulls fan's tweet thread did.

~lw3

• Moderators

No news on the 5:30 boo-boo report regarding Bogi, Reddy V, The Finnisher or Vooch. All look to be gametime decisions.

KL Chouinard notes that the road weariness we hope to see from our visitors tonight will extend for a couple more games.

~lw3

• Like 3

I am starting to think our whole medical team needs to be fired. I get having one player that you are not sure of their return. But to have 3.4, 5 or more over a season indicates incompetence to me. Here is my list:

Dunn- return unknown for months.

Reddish - return unknown for months.

Hunter - return guesstimated. Looks like they brought him back to soon and now unknown again.

Huerter - injury not that serious per reports but still return not known

I think Dunn and Hunter are the most glaring. If they lost Hunter for the season due to a screw up, that's it for me. Fire them all and start over with a more experienced staff.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am starting to think our whole medical team needs to be fired. I get having one player that you are not sure of their return. But to have 3.4, 5 or more over a season indicates incompetence to me. Here is my list:

Dunn- return unknown for months.

Reddish - return unknown for months.

Hunter - return guesstimated. Looks like they brought him back to soon and now unknown again.

Huerter - injury not that serious per reports but still return not known

I think Dunn and Hunter are the most glaring. If they lost Hunter for the season due to a screw up, that's it for me. Fire them all and start over with a more experienced staff.

Dunn: I'm not sure how you blame the medical staff based on this:

Shortly after coming to Atlanta, the Hawks found cartilage disruption in that same right knee. Just as he started to steadily improve, his ankle and lower back started to hurt, an MRI revealing loose cartilage in his right ankle inhibiting his range of motion and creating compensations in his knee and back. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove the cartilage in late December.

He was in a walking boot for a while and got a PRP injection in his right knee in February. Although the Hawks anticipated he’d be able to play by the end of March, with Dunn traveling on the team’s West Coast road trip from March 20-April 2, it took about another month for him to be ready.

As soon as he felt his knee getting better, his ankle started acting up. As soon as his ankle started healing, more issues sprang up with his knee. It was like a see-saw, with Dunn unable to achieve balance.

“I just felt like different things just kept happening,” Dunn said. “My initial injury was my knee, I felt like I was on the verge of getting better there, then the ankle situation happened. I felt like I was on the verge of getting better there, then the knee kept (having issues), it was just back and forth trying to get back..

Reddish - has had the sore achilles since preseason. He was placed in a walking boot, got out of it, needed a PRP and it was reported he would be out 4-6 weeks. So if he's still not fully healed after the initial timeline, what's the approach?

Huerter - required a 2nd opinion on his MRI, given his previous shoulder injuries I take no exception to a cautious approach.

Hunter - expected return from meniscus surgery is 6 weeks, we know he had swelling after 2 games - he needed another PRP injection so why not take a more measured approach in bringing him back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dunn: I'm not sure how you blame the medical staff based on this:

Reddish - has had the sore achilles since preseason. He was placed in a walking boot, got out of it, needed a PRP and it was reported he would be out 4-6 weeks. So if he's still not fully healed after the initial timeline, what's the approach?

Huerter - required a 2nd opinion on his MRI, given his previous shoulder injuries I take no exception to a cautious approach.

Hunter - expected return from meniscus surgery is 6 weeks, we know he had swelling after 2 games - he needed another PRP injection so why not take a more measured approach in bringing him back.

MRI's, Xrays, non surgical procedures, arthroscopic procedures. These are the tools a good medical staff uses to "know" things. Keyword is "know". Its like our staff only knows something when it breaks; but don't have a clue as to how long it will take to heal.

I'd bet a pretty penny Hunter has to have another meniscus surgery because the first one was screwed up...

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

MRI's, Xrays, non surgical procedures, arthroscopic procedures. These are the tools a good medical staff uses to "know" things. Keyword is "know". Its like our staff only knows something when it breaks; but don't have a clue as to how long it will take to heal.

I'd bet a pretty penny Hunter has to have another meniscus surgery because the first one was screwed up...

Teams are intentionally evasive regarding injuries. That has nothing to do with the medical staff.

• Like 1