• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Um, Kris Dunn is a bricklayer. Expect more of the same. 

C'mon man. If Dunn shot this badly all the time he'd be out of the league. There's no way he's going to be this bad offensively moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

He was getting post touches when Nate first took over and actually looked great in the post. I don't know what has changed. 

Yes he was but I also think he forces shots when doubled in the post. Or when he gets the offensive rebound. Sometimes kicking out with a fresh shot clock is the better decision.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Got the win.  On to the next one.

Btw, I see the suspect officiating against the Hawks lately.  It ain't a coincidence with the Hawks in a fight with the Knicks, Celtics, and Heat for playoff positioning.

Too many phantom fouls on Cap and Okongwu and Trae can't get a continuation to save his life. Nate has to challenge too many dumb calls that should have never been made in the first place. The Hawks cannot afford to leave any of the 8 remaining games in the hands of the officials. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Got the win.  On to the next one.

Btw, I see the suspect officiating against the Hawks lately.  It ain't a coincidence with the Hawks in a fight with the Knicks, Celtics, and Heat for playoff positioning.

At least Trae is getting calls again. Even if they won't give him continuation. I don't think they like giving Hawks players fouls due to how many Trae gets. But I agree. Some nights our bigs cannot get a call and we all know that is where most fouls happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He had 13 and 10. That's solid. If Capela has 13 and 10 no one says a word.

True. But I don't consider Capela an offensive guy. He's the defensive anchor. That's his role. 

JC is supposed to be the 2nd option scoring the ball. A force offensively. Right now he's the 4th or 5th option most of the time. 

Very sataisfying win.  The second half was beautiful.  Low turnovers and great play by our "role player" superstar.  We need this Trae down the stretch and in the playoffs.  His defense was pretty darn good throughout the game.  

I may go to the Phoenix or Portland game.  Really excited and I hope the Hawks win out! 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Very sataisfying win.  The second half was beautiful.  Low turnovers and great play by our "role player" superstar.  We need this Trae down the stretch and in the playoffs.  His defense was pretty darn good throughout the game.  

I may go to the Phoenix or Portland game.  Really excited and I hope the Hawks win out! 

^This. He's gotten better at balancing his scoring and distributing and is back to having those 'easy' 30 point games. This is who he needs to be moving forward. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

True. But I don't consider Capela an offensive guy. He's the defensive anchor. That's his role. 

JC is supposed to be the 2nd option scoring the ball. A force offensively. Right now he's the 4th or 5th option most of the time. 

I think this change in the pecking order has Collins more confused than Trae. On any given night I can see anyone getting the 2nd most shots behind Trae. Collins game is not advanced enough in the post to be a every day 2nd option. I think that is very match up specific. Like when Dominique says " he has a mouse in the house ". I do like him taking 4 or more threes a game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think this change in the pecking order has Collins more confused than Trae. On any given night I can see anyone getting the 2nd most shots behind Trae. Collins game is not advanced enough in the post to be a every day 2nd option. I think that is very match up specific. Like when Dominique says " he has a mouse in the house ". I do like him taking 4 or more threes a game.

I hate the "mouse in the house" expression. Some basketball cliches should be banned. 

• Haha 1