• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

As I read all the thoughts of you Squawk posters while the game was on, I'm in shock.  Nate was under fire, over and over, for who was playing for the Hawks.  Apparently, he had the wrong players together on the floor for much of the night.  Guess we just lucked out and won any way.

Who is 9-1 in their last 10 in the east?  Hint:  They currently have 4th place.

Does any one truly believe the 4th place team will fall as we end this season?  Don't bet on it.  They are proving to everyone that they are real right now.  I don't even like them.  I hope they don't win another game this season.  That ain't happening, but I can dream!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Have to say, this was one of, if not the defining game of the season from where I sit. This was a good team that was on a good roll. And they didn't even play terrible. Our guys just played better.

I'm at a new level of impressed this morning. Still skeptical that we'll make much noise in the playoffs, and persuaded we shouldn't really care whether we do or don't. But my expectations for 2021-22 just took another step up that ladder.

• Like 3

To no one in particular (since he's still mad at me probably), but I don't think POR played as well as they could've.  Kudos to us for taking advantage, but I think Stotts did us a favor via his 9-man rotation.

I think, at the very least, guys like Little and Jones Jr. could've made things more interesting defensively for them.

• Haha 3

I'm a bit late at posting this (I thought about doing so last night but couldn't on my tablet) but while I would probably take the Knicks season series with a grain of salt given that two of the games happened with Pierce as the coach and because it looked like Young was about to put them away before he got hurt under McMillan, they will still be tough.

Credit is deserved, they're good.

I don't think the Sixers or Nets want to see either team...heck, whoever comes out of the play in is going to be a challenge as well most likely the way they're going with 7-10.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How the hell is this a flop on Gallo?  An off-balance shots and he falls, and gets back up, he's not looking or asking the ref for a foul.

The NBA clearly doesn’t watch Hawks games.  I feel like we see 2-3 Gallo plays per game that end in him falling over like a baby deer.

• Like 2