• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Final 6! Now 5....and 4.

JayBirdHawk

winning on the back side of a back to back is hard. if they lose to the Pacers tonight, i'm not that disappointed.  Of course rather they win, but it won't sabotage the season.  However, losing more than 2 games over the last 6 would be a let down. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

winning on the back side of a back to back is hard. if they lose to the Pacers tonight, i'm not that disappointed.  Of course rather they win, but it won't sabotage the season.  However, losing more than 2 games over the last 6 would be a let down. 

The barely played in the fourth so I'm leaning towards a win. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Why is Washington being held out as so incredible here?  They are 3-3 in their last 6 games.  Since Westbrook started going bananas on March 13, they are 16-14.  They are very beatable even if they are no longer easily beaten.

I think people just don't want to expect perfection and right now those are the most losable games (Pacers could be but locker room drama showing up on the court lately...)

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bobrathbun4pres said:

If we tie with the Knicks do they advance as the 4 btw? Not sure if this has been addressed in the thread or not. If so my bad

Knicks at 4, they hold the tie breaker.

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to The Final 6! Now 5....and 4.

I'm super salty that we lost last night. I though Detroit would have been a wake up call.

We shot ourselves in the foot big time. Hoping we can handle our business the rest of the way after we have a few days off to chew on this L

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I'm super salty that we lost last night. I though Detroit would have been a wake up call.

We shot ourselves in the foot big time. Hoping we can handle our business the rest of the way after we have a few days off to chew on this L

Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't show up with a professional effort.  That said, last night was IND's super bowl to a degree.  Coming off all the drama they're going through and facing the guy who should probably still be their coach.  Yeah, they had that one circled and played like it imho.

And the stuff coming out of IND is getting stranger.  Reports they're concerned about the coach's mental state.  Yikes.  Como se dice, 'bad hire'?

49 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Knickerbockers lost their game last night!

:smug:

That helps ease the Pacers loss, but we're still 2 games back of them in the Loss column since they own tiebreaker. 

Knicks have @Clippers, @Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Celtics

We have Wiz, Wiz, Magic, Rockets

If we lose 1 more game, then they would have to lose 3. We cannot sleep on the Wiz the way we did the Pacers

• Like 2

Since they own the tie breaker - - Yep.

NY -------- 37-30

ATL ------ 37-31

They play one more game than we do.  We're good as long as we keep 5th or 6th place.  That way, we stay out of the play in games.  That would be terrible to lose out there.  Remember, any NBA team, on any day, may become unbeatable on that one day.  This play in is a load of crap.  

Suppose, because you were good enough for the entire season to earn the 7th or 8th place.  Then, a team of a lesser record, beats you one game and you are sent home.  No playoffs.  This after you worked so hard to get there.  Then, the 7th and 8th place teams get to play the 1st and 2nd place teams.  Not very good odds of survival.  It's not fair.  Just let the top 10 make the playoffs if you must.

Just my personal feelings about this.

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

It's not fair. 

Adam Silver likes money... a lot. 4 more teams generate what he calls “excitement” but it’s all for the filthy loot.

28 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just my personal feelings about this.

Agreed. Some things need to stay and this is one of them. 1-8 make it. 16/30 teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually like what they are doing.  The 7 and 8 seeds lose their series 95% of the time anyways.  This gives teams extra motivation to get a top 6 seed, and it gives teams that might otherwise be tanking a reason to shoot for the 9 and 10 spots.  So, the Wizards will actually try to win these next two games against us rather than tank them.  

As a fan I'm more roped into the final 2 weeks of the season than ever before.  It's just basketball, how fair does it need to be?  Anything that adds to the playoff like atmosphere of the last few weeks of the season is a benefit to the league.  This is all for fun and entertainment.  So, I don't care if it is fair for a 7 and 8 seed.  

• Like 1