• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I just don't understand not benching Huerter for Dunn when Huerter was bad tonight.

Huerter's defense was excellent most of the night.

Nate opted to get back into the game with his offensive players, rather than try to get stops.

They almost got it done.  Just couldn't stop the Pacers when they needed it the most.

• Like 2

Holliday is a good off ball/ face guard defender.  Still Trae’s size and off ball stamina makes it easier.  He’s gotta get the ball there.  Had to help on that last drive by LeVert too.  

Still a team loss though.  Pacers played hard af, no shame.  Nate and every coach in the league knows full well how hard it is to win in Indy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I just don't understand not benching Huerter for Dunn when Huerter was bad tonight.

Thought Heurter looked pretty solid most of the night, one of the few players locked in on defense.  Putting Dunn in over Lou after seeing what he was bringing tonight would have made sense though

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This loss was on the lack of effort alone.

How can guys that earn millions a year simply refuse to play the right way for 2 straight games? Very disappointing loss. Now the hopes for the 4th seed are everything but gone.

PLAY THE RIGHT WAY! 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This loss passes me off! One link of defense in the first half they win this. Now we got to stew for four days.

We're not an elite team.  We're a good home team, but an average road team.

Pacers were also highly motivated to play well, considering what happened to them last night.

Hawks need to rest up, maybe get some practice work in on Saturday, and set a goal to win these final 4 games.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

This loss was on the lack of effort alone.

How can guys that earn millions a year simply refuse to play the right way for 2 straight games? Very disappointing loss. Now the hopes for the 4th seed are everything but gone.

PLAY THE RIGHT WAY! 

This isn't true.  I'm also disappointed in the effort and result but we can definitely still get the 4th seed. Knicks schedule is tough and we can win out if we focus.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This isn't true.  I'm also disappointed in the effort and result but we can definitely still get the 4th seed. Knicks schedule is tough and we can win out if we focus.

We can win out, sure. Will we? I doubt it. Washington is coming out strong lately. 

Hopes are almost gone. It's possible, maybe just not doable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

0 points from our starting small forward. We need D. Hunter back in the worst way. 

I think McMillan is trying to give the bench a better ball handler and shot creator with Huerter off the bench. But he may rethink this with the way Snell has been playing. Until Hunter gets back, I think Huerter should start.

Lou will just have to carry the 2nd unit with Bogdan or Huerter being staggered in with him.

52 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

The scales would have tipped to our favor if Clint made that lob for the lead. That had to be deflating to the team 

OR if Trae would've just shot the floater.

He made the right play. But with the way he had it going in the 2nd half, I'm surprised that he didn't shoot the ball there.

58 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

OR if Trae would've just shot the floater.

He made the right play. But with the way he had it going in the 2nd half, I'm surprised that he didn't shoot the ball there.

Nah . .  Trae made the right play there.   That's a point blank tip in for Capela right there.  Yes, Sabonis was backing into him, but Clint has to make that.

That would've given us a 1 point lead with 2:30 to go.

• Like 3