• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where do Trae/Bogi rank all time Hawks backcourt

Spud2nique

Trae/Bogi rank all time backcourt Hawks history  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the best backcourt in Hawks history? Possibly premature but maybe not. Or maybe where do you project them to rank? With free agency and so much player movement it’s hard for players to stick but IF they do...

Personally I didn’t see Pistol 🔫/Lou Hud live only on tape. I don’t know if it’s fair for me to vote 🗳 for one I never saw live but nonetheless had to put that prolific backcourt in the choices here.

What do you all think?

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can see the current 'court surpassing all of them though and not in the distant future.

Between me and you (and apparently whomever reads this) after eating Bogi crow 🤨 (that sounded better in my head sorry), I think I’m in love with the guy.

Last night he made 2 awesome reads to find Huerter for a top of the key 3 and another one I forget..dude is unreal BBIQ. 

I’ll scream in from rooftops around the world 🌎, I LOVE THAT SERB 🇷🇸!!! 

Having said that, I haven’t voted and even though not a sexy trend I’m guessing I’m biased towards my man from UNLV who straight mugged people on D and his defensive sidekick Mookie yet I can’t seem to push the button on that one. 🤷‍♀️ Perhaps not enough O from them. I said O not Big O Stu don’t send your goons after me.

• Like 3

• Moderators

If you are including Lou and Pistol (Lou being the better player), I'd have to go with them even though I didn't see them live.  Both are HOFers and 5 or 6x All-Stars.  Great balance with two studs (even though I content Maravich is overrated).  

For the modern players, Mookie/Smitty is my pick with Trae/Bogi having definite potential to surpass them.  Heck, I am still excited about Cam long-term and hope we can see a Trae/Cam pair on a future version of this list.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

I'm curious to hear from the Mookie/Smitty voters if they are just deciding to ignore Lou Hudson/Pete Maravich or if they looked at them and found them wanting in comparison.  I get ignoring them for being from another era but have a hard time seeing the arguments for the Sparty and inspiration for Pearl Jam's best album beating out the HOFers if you are legit weighing them against each other.  IMO, Hudson is the best player of the 4 and then Maravich as a Hawk stands up very well against either of the other two.

Pete Maravich 24.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 5.6 apg

Mookie 14.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.7 apg

Steve Smith 18.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.6 apg

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm curious to hear from the Mookie/Smitty voters if they are just deciding to ignore Lou Hudson/Pete Maravich or if they looked at them and found them wanting in comparison.  I get ignoring them for being from another era but have a hard time seeing the arguments for the Sparty and inspiration for Pearl Jam's best album beating out the HOFers if you are legit weighing them against each other.  IMO, Hudson is the best player of the 4 and then Maravich as a Hawk stands up very well against either of the other two.

Yeah i'm sure you're right.  Never having seen them play I just didn't know how to judge them.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i'm sure you're right.  Never having seen them play I just didn't know how to judge them.  

I think that is totally a fair approach but wanted to see if someone didn't just rule the older guys out and actually evaluated the case for each pairing with them included.

1 - Pistol/Lou

2- Trae/Bogi

3- Mookie/Smitty

I am projecting Trae and Bogi to surpass Mookie and Smitty. I think its real close already with Trae just being in his 3rd season. Bogi despite his age is only in his 4th NBA season.

I don't see how any pairing can rank over Lou and Pistol right now.

I hit the wrong button. I hit selected Pistol/Lou but then hit view.

Edited by Buzzard

5 hours ago, AHF said:

If you are including Lou and Pistol (Lou being the better player), I'd have to go with them even though I didn't see them live.  Both are HOFers and 5 or 6x All-Stars.  Great balance with two studs (even though I content Maravich is overrated).  

For the modern players, Mookie/Smitty is my pick with Trae/Bogi having definite potential to surpass them.  Heck, I am still excited about Cam long-term and hope we can see a Trae/Cam pair on a future version of this list.  

Interesting game right here.  The skill set of these two was definitely on an elite level, when they were on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Nailed it.  I never saw Lou/Pistol

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Interesting game right here.  The skill set of these two was definitely on an elite level, when they were on.

I hate to say it but that is hard to watch.  Like a bunk of JV kids playing where I grew up (not a basketball hotbed).

11 hours ago, AHF said:

If not watching them counts I’d go with Pistol and Lou, they were too damn dynamic on paper. I wish I could I’m have seen them. I saw the rest of the tandems just not them.

1. Trae/Bogi

2. Mookie/Smitty

3. Mookie/Plastic