• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks (Manic Monday)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Magic Numerology: Clinching Top-6 involves Atlanta winning any 2 of the remaining 4 games on the docket. With no wins, clinching would likely take a combo of the Hornets losing any of their final 4 games and the Celtics losing any 2. As it stands, Atlanta can finish no worse than 8th by losing every game and then shenanigans happening.

Boston's rematch with 6-seed Miami (ATL Magic Number: 4) is tomorrow, while Charlotte gets a visit from Denver. 4-seed New York (ATL Magic Number: 6) hosts Charlotte and then New York on the final two eves of the regular season.

~lw3

• Like 3

I'm scared, folks.  This game has all the makings.  Short-handed opponent, we're fully rested, we've got guys returning from injury ... got way too much stuff going for us to avoid snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm scared, folks.  This game has all the makings.  Short-handed opponent, we're fully rested, we've got guys returning from injury ... got way too much stuff going for us to avoid snatching defeat from the jaws of victory here.

Hope I'm wrong.

hqdefault.jpg

"Hey kg.  I ain't from around here man.   I'm unaffected by the Fulton county jinxes. When in FG range i don't run backwards.  I close the game out."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Tony Snell pops up on the 5:30 boo-boo report with his sore Achilles. Like De'Andre Hunter (sore knee), he's listed as questionable, likely subject to the dreaded Game-Time Decision.

No new Wizards on the report aside from the predicatables (Beal, Avdija, Bryant).

~lw3

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

"Hey kg.  I ain't from around here man.   I'm unaffected by the Fulton county jinxes. When in FG range i don't run backwards.  I close the game out."

Coach, is it wrong that I hope Westbrook gets a 10-10-10 triple double to set the record thus rendering the upcoming BSPN coronation on Wednesday wholly and entirely moot?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

, “They can keep it and shove it up their (Dellavedovas).” Ouch!

Relatable in every game thread apparently 😆

Banner week.

Awesome stuff as usual lw3!

-GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“Hey, Russ! Rook here says he made way more Triple Doubles than you, back in his day!”

This is so not funny.

-Sturt 😡 

:yahoo: smile 😃 Sturt, if you’re smiling you can’t be mad! 

Why are the injuries always clumped together at the same positions? All of our SF's just have to be on nicked up, it couldn't be the 3rd string PG or the 3rd string center that never plays?

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm the opposite.

I'm fully expecting the Hawks to blow them the hell out.  20+ points or more.  The only shot they have is both Clint and John get in foul trouble.

And if Westbrook is going to get his triple double tonight, he better play 40+ minutes and grab most of his rebounds without Clint and John in the game.

Those concerns about us possibly losing may be valid in the Wednesday game that is on ESPN.  And even that is a very slight chance.

I'll be highly disappointed if this team doesn't flat out roll tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Isiah Thomas on NBA TV says it's time to give Trae his props for playing winning basketball, and not "playing for numbers".

Like Trae putting up numbers was a detriment to the team.

Yes, he has been looking to get his teammates more involved.  But the flip side of that is that his teammates are making shots too.  That's the Bogi/Gallo/Lou effect. 

But make no mistake though, Trae Young balling out is NOT a bad thing for the Atlanta Hawks.  14 - 1 when he scores 32 or more points.

It's crazy though.  When other players around the league put up big numbers, they're celebrated beyond belief.  When Trae does it, he's just "chasing stats".   

That's a bunch of BS.

Perfectly said.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Isiah Thomas on NBA TV says it's time to give Trae his props for playing winning basketball, and not "playing for numbers".

Like Trae putting up numbers was a detriment to the team.

Yes, he has been looking to get his teammates more involved.  But the flip side of that is that his teammates are making shots too.  That's the Bogi/Gallo/Lou effect. 

But make no mistake though, Trae Young balling out is NOT a bad thing for the Atlanta Hawks.  14 - 1 when he scores 32 or more points.

It's crazy though.  When other players around the league put up big numbers, they're celebrated beyond belief.  When Trae does it, he's just "chasing stats".   

That's a bunch of BS.

Feel free to ignore IT. He was a great player, but I'm not a fan of his commentary. Like Nique, he holds onto tired conventional wisdom that is often not applicable to the modern game. 

• Like 1