• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks (Hump Day, 7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Hawks will be a very good team when the front line's physicality, paint defense and rim protection matches our shooting. Until then we will have a tough time with physical teams. The Hawks are a small team with no one above 6ft10. They need to address their size issues next year.

Also would someone please remind John Collins he is a Power forward.  I've never seen a power forward in my life spend so much time on the floor.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How about Bogi? The difficulty of the three point shots he hits are off the charts. Some of his off ball movement is almost Curry-esque at times. He was also tasked with the assignment with guarding Westbrook for much of the game, and although he didnt stop him, he did disrupt him a number of times. 

I’m not going to compare him to curry...but I get what you’re saying.

Yes defensively he was on point tonight! Best defensive game I’ve ever seen from him personally. BIG props

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

First off glad we won....of course! Can’t sleep on the next 2 games however.

I have two gripes about this one!

1. This was an important game as far as seeding goes and it didn’t feel like this team had any real energy until the 4th. That’s not a good thing...change that mentality especially with the playoffs around the corner! Hawks played the first 3 quarters like they were supposed to win the game.

2. I will always defend Trae young but tonight he made some very questionable shot selections down the stretch BUT at the same time made great playmaking decisions!....smh...get it together Trae. Attack the basket relentlessly when the lane is open. I understand you have to take the 3 ball to keep the defense honest but just be better.

Ive seen some this was a playoff feeling type of game....yeah well in my opinion it didn’t have to be. Not discrediting the Wiz I just don’t think we played anywhere near what we are capable of.

He took one suspect shot down the stretch.  I guess I didn't see what you were seeing. Last game he was much worst, but this game he was getting his teammates involved and every shot I saw him take was a good shot except that one. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

Hawks will be a very good team when the front line's physicality, paint defense and rim protection matches our shooting. Until then we will have a tough time with physical teams. The Hawks are a small team with no one above 6ft10. They need to address their size issues next year.

Also would someone please remind John Collins he is a Power forward.  I've never seen a power forward in my life spend so much time on the floor.

Did you watch Zaza while he was here??? Not a PF but he spent his fair share of the game on floor or getting hit! LOL...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He took one suspect shot down the stretch.  I guess I didn't see what you were seeing. Last game he was much worst, but this game he was getting his teammates involved and every shot I saw him take was a good shot except that one. 

My bad I thought it was 3...my mind is bad maybe it was some turnovers that could have been avoided.

I agree playmaking wise for the most part he was on point 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How about Bogi? The difficulty of the three point shots he hits are off the charts. Some of his off ball movement is almost Curry-esque at times. He was also tasked with the assignment with guarding Westbrook for much of the game, and although he didnt stop him, he did disrupt him a number of times. 

His release is lightning quick. That guy still seems to be getting better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Most of the threes Trae is taking aren't that bad, he just isnt hitting them lately. But his floater is falling, which is his most critical shot.

Agree, if he gets that three back we are in bizness for the playoffs!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm waiting for the excuses for the Boston.  They out here losing to Cleveland with the GREAT Jason Taytum!  

If he's so good, he should be able to carry the team with Kemba Walker. 

I think they have resigned themselves to the play in. 

41 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Boy I’m glad that Gafford dude got tired or something.  Had he played the rest of the game over Len I don’t know.  The drop off from what he was doing to Len was like Jay Z dumping Beyoncé for Lil Kim.

Wizards fans are killing Scott Brooks on Twitter for not having him in the game the entire 4th quarter.

• Haha 3