• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Wojnarowski] NBA plans to address the unnatural shooting motions of star players like James Harden and Trae Young that get foul calls under the rules in the NBA this offseason

ATLHawks3

14 paragraphs and this is the only mention of Trae or the foul calls:

"The NBA has issues to modify with the game itself as well. Most agree the product has shifted too far in the offense's favor, that the scoring is unnaturally inflated. In the offseason, the NBA plans to address the unnatural shooting motions of star players like James Harden and Trae Young that get foul calls under the rules in the NBA -- but would get eye rolls on the playground."

The rest is about Dolan and revenue sharing during the pandemic, young refs, concerns of how to get fans back to arenas, and mid-season tournaments. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

14 paragraphs and this is the only mention of Trae or the foul calls:

"The NBA has issues to modify with the game itself as well. Most agree the product has shifted too far in the offense's favor, that the scoring is unnaturally inflated. In the offseason, the NBA plans to address the unnatural shooting motions of star players like James Harden and Trae Young that get foul calls under the rules in the NBA -- but would get eye rolls on the playground."

The rest is about Dolan and revenue sharing during the pandemic, young refs, concerns of how to get fans back to arenas, and mid-season tournaments. 

So it's click bait using Trae's name in the title again, basically?

Unnatural?  Please explain.  Most of his shots go in unless someone runs over him or runs into him.  Because he has the ability to stop quickly and the guy behind him can't, are they changing the rules?  Or, they run at him from the front, Trae stops and his opponent runs him over as he attempts to shoot.  This the unnatural that they mean?

????????????????

👨‍🌾

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm totally on board with this. Sick and tired of seeing star players just jump sideways and backwards into defenders and get to the line. Trae did not start this, Trae is not even the biggest culprit, and I damn sure don't blame him for doing it when every other star player is doing it too. As long as it's called right for everyone (which I'm skeptical it will be) it should be a positive, and hopefully stops the game from being the free throw fest it is becoming. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

If that three ball comes back, watch out. I personally think he has not been foul baiting as much. Harden hasnt been either.

If Trae starts knocking down those threes and Hunter gets back into reasonably decent game shape I'm only afraid of a 100% healthy Nets team, Bucks and Philly ain't stopping that.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'm totally on board with this. Sick and tired of seeing star players just jump sideways and backwards into defenders and get to the line. Trae did not start this, Trae is not even the biggest culprit, and I damn sure don't blame him for doing it when every other star player is doing it too. As long as it's called right for everyone (which I'm skeptical it will be) it should be a positive, and hopefully stops the game from being the free throw fest it is becoming. 

It's actually not a free throw fest. It's a three point fest.

• Like 3

"Too far to the offensive side of the ball"  Okay, even before the hand checking rule change, how Trae draws fouls is still a foul.  I don't see what tweeks they're going to make.  If you get a defender off their feet and you jump into them then that's not a foul?  You can run through an offensive player if you're coming off screens?  That'll make for some real great basketball.  

Tweek away, it's not going to stop Trae's ascension into a top 5 player in the NBA. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

"Too far to the offensive side of the ball"  Okay, even before the hand checking rule change, how Trae draws fouls is still a foul.  I don't see what tweeks their going to make.  If you get a defender off their feet and you jump into them then that's not a foul?  You can run through an offensive player if you're coming off screens?  That'll make for some real great basketball.  

Tweek away, it's not going to stop Trae's ascension into a top 5 player in the NBA. 

NBA unofficial decree will be "going forward, only popular superstars will get foul calls. Superstars not regarded in as favorable a light, such as Trae Young, will no longer be getting foul calls."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If that three ball comes back, watch out. I personally think he has not been foul baiting as much. Harden hasnt been either.

That's the weirdest part of specifically calling out Trae and Harden.  I complained about some of the foul baiting from Trae earlier this season but it's been 30 or more games since we've seen that.  Harden hasn't been on that either.

ESPN just sticks with narratives and doesn't stop repeating them.  No one I've seen draws more BS fouls than jimmy butler but that name never comes up.  Lillard and steph have been doing it more and more this year too.  As have basically all star players...

• Like 2