[Wojnarowski] NBA plans to address the unnatural shooting motions of star players like James Harden and Trae Young that get foul calls under the rules in the NBA this offseason

ATLHawks3

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

That's the weirdest part of specifically calling out Trae and Harden.  I complained about some of the foul baiting from Trae earlier this season but it's been 30 or more games since we've seen that.  Harden hasn't been on that either.

ESPN just sticks with narratives and doesn't stop repeating them.  No one I've seen draws more BS fouls than jimmy butler but that name never comes up.  Lillard and steph have been doing it more and more this year too.  As have basically all star players...

Can't blame this on ESPN, although, Woj did add Trae and Harden.  This was NBA Twitter at its finest. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Can't blame this on ESPN, although, Woj did add Trae and Harden.  This was NBA Twitter at its finest. 

Woj is an ESPN employee and ESPN largely dictates narratives around players (along with TNT).  They have the most eyeballs and frame what discussions even entail

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Woj is an ESPN employee and ESPN largely dictates narratives around players (along with TNT).  They have the most eyeballs and frame what discussions even entail

The Trae foul baiting originated on twitter when a few writers got up in arms after Steve Nash said it wasn't basketball.  It was discussed on Espn, but originated and magnified on Twitter once the articles started being written by Trae.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

The Trae foul baiting originated on twitter when a few writers got up in arms after Steve Nash said it wasn't basketball.  It was discussed on Espn, but originated and magnified on Twitter once the articles started being written by Trae.

Jumping into defenders and taking advantage of defenders aggressiveness is not unique to Trae. Basically all the high usage guards do it to some extent. The notion that Trae must be doing something wrong because he gets to the line a lot is ridiculous. 

Even the NBA front office is tired of Trae. If Trae was on another team, most of yall would be clowning his style of play.  The NBA coaches sent a message when they left Trae off the All Star team.  Hate what I post but everything is fact.  You have to unlearn 100 years of how to play the game to watch players like Harden and Young, point guards who dominate the ball like that.  Its a TEAM sport.   

The last time I TRIED to watch the Hawks,  Trae had the ball around the logo with two seconds left on the clock before halftime,  DeAndre Hunter wide open running to the basket for a layup or dunk. Trae plainly saw him because he double clutched at Hunter and then hoisted a deep 3 pointer.  The Hawks gonna win a ton of meaningless games with Young, but when they lock down the Hawks in the playoffs, its a wrap. Young is who he is, I could care less about some meaningless passes he makes here and there to try and make it appear he isn't who he is.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Even the NBA front office is tired of Trae. If Trae was on another team, most of yall would be clowning his style of play.  The NBA coaches sent a message when they left Trae off the All Star team.  Hate what I post but everything is fact.  You have to unlearn 100 years of how to play the game to watch players like Harden and Young, point guards who dominate the ball like that.  Its a TEAM sport.   

The last time I TRIED to watch the Hawks,  Trae had the ball around the logo with two seconds left on the clock before halftime,  DeAndre Hunter wide open running to the basket for a layup or dunk. Trae plainly saw him because he double clutched at Hunter and then hoisted a deep 3 pointer.  The Hawks gonna win a ton of meaningless games with Young, but when they lock down the Hawks in the playoffs, its a wrap. Young is who he is, I could care less about some meaningless passes he makes here and there to try and make it appear he isn't who he is.

By last time, you mean in Feb right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

So Hawks are getting sweet?

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's talking about the 1st Washington game last week.

He is right.  Trae had Dre open IF he passed the ball ahead on a perfect lead pass toward the basket.   And that's only if Trae saw him immediately. But Trae had to make that decision about 1/2 a second after he grabbed the rebound. 

Once he reached half court, the window of opportunity to throw the pass AND for Dre to make the basket, lessened.  He probably did see Dre by this time, but there was also only 2 seconds left.  And once Trae's defender stumbled and fell down, Trae decided to shoot the logo 3.

Also . . . we were up by 17 points at this point in the game.

The one thing I'll say about Hawkmoor, is that he's been consistent with his displeasure with how Trae plays.  It doesn't even matter if he plays well, he simply does not like his game.  And once we bow out in the playoffs . . IF we bow out . . he'll be one of the first ones to blast Trae.  That's pretty much a guarantee.

So it is what it is at this point.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's talking about the 1st Washington game last week.

He is right.  Trae had Dre open IF he passed the ball ahead on a perfect lead pass toward the basket.   And that's only if Trae saw him immediately. But Trae had to make that decision about 1/2 a second after he grabbed the rebound. 

Once he reached half court, the window of opportunity to throw the pass AND for Dre to make the basket, lessened.  He probably did see Dre by this time, but there was also only 2 seconds left.  And once Trae's defender stumbled and fell down, Trae decided to shoot the logo 3.

Also . . . we were up by 17 points at this point in the game.

The one thing I'll say about Hawkmoor, is that he's been consistent with his displeasure with how Trae plays.  It doesn't even matter if he plays well, he simply does not like his game.  And once we bow out in the playoffs . . IF we bow out . . he'll be one of the first ones to blast Trae.  That's pretty much a guarantee.

Edit . . . and it was at the end of the 3rd quarter, not halftime.  Once again, we were up by 17.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If this causes serious differences, I will be pretty surprised because Trae doesn't foul bait as much anymore and y'all have said that the refs have gone in the other direction in calling stuff on him (while I've watched a good bit of the season, I don't watch closely enough to be able to fully tell).

Yes, that means he has had an organic season, much to the dismay of the haters haha. Only thing you can really point out is his three point shot has left him (especially lately) but outside of that he's done really well since he came back from the ankle sprain (and he's cut down on the bombs over a full year).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I never get how folks get to the point where they hate their own team.

I mean, I absolutely hated Malcolm DelaneySucks (darn autocorrect), but I never took joy in rooting against him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I never get how folks get to the point where they hate their own team.

I mean, I absolutely hated Malcolm DelaneySucks (darn autocorrect), but I never took joy in rooting against him.

And even with Delaney, he was more like Solo is this year.   A guy who had to play out of necessity, but we all knew he was a 3rd teamer. 

Yes, we clowned him when he was horrible, but praised him when he did actually contribute.

But to keep that hater energy toward Trae, even when he's playing well overall, is just . . . weird.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well this NY series will be telling. A tough, gritty defensive team will be a good test. Let them double Trae, Bogi will go off.

Hoping Trae finds his three point shot. If he's bombing threes from long range with good accuracy, it'll help the offensive execution.  Either way, I'm excited and hope we see the Hawks in the second round.

• Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Hoping Trae finds his three point shot. If he's bombing threes from long range with good accuracy, it'll help the offensive execution.  Either way, I'm excited and hope we see the Hawks in the second round.

This would be a great time for Trae to get his three ball going. 

8 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

215.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Could be true but people that show up when it's convenient to trash a players game and then disappear when said player is playing well aren't worth listening to or paying attention to. 

Just my opinion obviously. 

• Thanks 3