• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raise That Banner! 2020-21 Dirty South Division CHAMPS

lethalweapon3

Honestly, if they don't beat the Knicks, it's all a wash. Against the Heat, you got an excuse considering they won the East last year. Not against the Knicks. We are better than them. We gotta win the series or this season is a wash and we need to reconsider extending Nate. This is a must win series to me. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm just going to enjoy it.  Rather we win or lose I know we are building something.  This is the best constructed team with potential growth I've seen in my Hawks fandom. 

No need to set yourself up for disappointment like this.  It's not an indictment on a great season if they lose in the first round of the playoffs.  I'm really hoping they don't though, but I know how Atl Sports go.

The Knicks is personal to me. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, if they don't beat the Knicks, it's all a wash. Against the Heat, you got an excuse considering they won the East last year. Not against the Knicks. We are better than them. We gotta win the series or this season is a wash and we need to reconsider extending Nate. This is a must win series to me. 

We are not better than the Knicks right now. The records are an exact indication of these teams. Knicks have the edge. If we somehow win the first round as a fifth seed, that would be an over achievement.  If we lose, we are still on track to being better next season with the continued growth of our young squad. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

We are not better than the Knicks right now. The records are an exact indication of these teams. Knicks have the edge. If we somehow win the first round as a fifth seed, that would be an over achievement.  If we lose, we are still on track to being better next season with the continued growth of our young squad. 

The key in this series will be health, and how well we can slow down Julius Randle. We’ll also need to rely on Solo heavily to guard Randle if Hunter won’t be off minutes restriction by then.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I won’t say it’s a wash but the goal changed near the end of the season opposed to what it was.

the main goal was to make to the playoffs which we’ve done but like I’ve stated before we ALL figured we’d get some vet team like the Celtics, bucks, heat, whoever that’s been there before and will likely beat us. But as soon as we had real opportunities to draw the Knicks the goal didn’t change but it got extended.

I am with you we are better than the Knicks , they don’t playoff experience with most their youth just like us....therefore there really aren’t any true excuses! We can win this series and beat this team.

we will look a lot more attractive even via trades next off season if we can make it to round 2 of the playoffs this year plus it will be a great achievement for our young core.

5 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Are we not better because we lost the season series???

im asking because if we were to play the heat im extremely sure odds would have been against us and we won the season series vs the heat. 

playoffs and regular season are different. Despite the season series I actually believe we are definitely better then the Knicks and not better than the Heat.

• Moderators

Let's talk about the Bockers in another thread, shall we?

Anybody in a mood to update this page?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Division_(NBA)

(I guar-on-tee, if it was the heat or Wiz clinching, that whole page would've been updated within 5 minutes).

~lw3

• Like 4