• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raise That Banner! 2020-21 Dirty South Division CHAMPS

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
On 5/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, kg01 said:

Like I'm not sure what about this escapes people.  Supes put it plainly, we are not the same team under McMillan.

I'd expand on that to say, even though the record is the same as the Knicks, that's misleading based on your second point.  Consider McMillan didn't have a training camp to set up his 'plan'.  He did it on the fly, which is a tremendous accomplishment.

The issue I had is the he said the season would be a wash if we lost. That’s crazy to me. The Knicks have the best defensive rating in the league and the third best three point percentage. They are a good team. We had a great season and one to build off of even if we lose. We have to bring our A game if we want to advance. I believe we will, but we have to prove it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

The issue I had is the he said the season would be a wash if we lost. That’s crazy to me. The Knicks have the best defensive rating in the league and the third best three point percentage. They are a good team. We had a great season and one to build off of even if we lose. We have to bring our A game if we want to advance. I believe we will, but we have to prove it. 

I agree with you on that piece.  Even if we get ousted, it's nothing to hang our heads over.  Unlike the Knicks, I see what we're doing as repeatable next year and going forward.  Simply getting our core some playoff minutes is a bit of a 'win'.

That said, I don't think we should settle for that.  This is a winnable series, so I don't begrudge anyone being disappointed if we don't advance.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree with you on that piece.  Even if we get ousted, it's nothing to hang our heads over.  Unlike the Knicks, I see what we're doing as repeatable next year and going forward.  Simply getting our core some playoff minutes is a bit of a 'win'.

That said, I don't think we should settle for that.  This is a winnable series, so I don't begrudge anyone being disappointed if we don't advance.

Definitely.  I just don’t want these silly narratives to pop back up about trading away our whole team or dogging our best players when we are clearly progressing in the right direction. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Definitely.  I just don’t want these silly narratives to pop back up about trading away our whole team or dogging our best players when we are clearly progressing in the right direction. 

Yeah folks are gonna have to put on their big-boy/gurl pants.  Even if we flame out spectacularly, it's not going to be a huge statement against our guys.  There are steps to this and this year is the first one.

Obviously the eggsperts will vilify us if that happens but so what.  That's what "they" do.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Time for us to begin ascending back to our former place as one of the NBA's premier franchises. Yes, I'm not kidding. We've been near the top of the mountain at times. We're at a low point historically. Let's go.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah folks are gonna have to put on their big-boy/gurl pants. 

I bought a pair of those online. It’s like one size fits any mid sized bear or myself. I look like $hit but they are comfy as hell. Lol. This paramedic ends and I’m gonna look like a dude that gave up on life 25 years ago I’ll tell ya lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I bought a pair of those online. It’s like one size fits any mid sized bear or myself. I look like $hit but they are comfy as hell. Lol. This paramedic ends and I’m gonna look like a dude that gave up on life 25 years ago I’ll tell ya lol

Not tryna be funny but, sadly, that's what Caleb Swanigan looks like.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Somehow I forgot about the no-longer-defending Eastern Conference Champs...

HXs1_A7_?format=jpg&name=small

...sponsored by NOBODY!

~lw3

Kenny with the skin colored bra :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:...the more you look the more stuff you see.  It's all in the details, lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

We haven't forgotten about y'all, DC! Russ and Brad lookin' downright presidential!

E28PoufVUAIRae_?format=jpg

Hawks are the last Dirty South team standing!

~lw3

Teddy T still reppin the Braves 😂 that’s awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, sturt said:

Time for us to begin ascending back to our former place as one of the NBA's premier franchises. Yes, I'm not kidding. We've been near the top of the mountain at times. We're at a low point historically. Let's go.

giphy-downsized-large.gif  (for those of you too young to have experienced the disco era... it's called the bump... which applies here...)