• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks -- The (Regular) Season Finale!

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

First you don't like his play style. Now you clowning on the man looks.  Does the hating ever stop?..lol

Just a little lighthearted fun, veneers just look ridiculous most of the time.  I actually think I’ve extolled the virtues of the parts of his game that I like better than his average fan over his short career span, hell even the bigger ones.  I was one during his second half ROY push.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yup.

This is one thing that's not talked about with Trae. Hate him or love him, he does love the game of basketball. He actually watches a ton of games too which not a lot of Young players today do.  Dame said it's what makes him great and a lot of young players today aren't doing it.

Trae loves Ball. One of the things his high school and college coaches emphasized was that he was a true gym rat. Not true of some stars, like Kyrie for example, who acts like basketball is a chore. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you know that when Capela and Hunter are on the floor I believe the Hawks have a defensive rating of 101.4.  That's by far the best defense in the NBA. It's a small sample size, but very encouraging for the playoffs if Hunter can go 32 or so minutes.  

I wonder if CC and OO can play together. On offense, probably a no. But on on defense OO can switch onto PF's and some SF's.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Trae loves Ball. One of the things his high school and college coaches emphasized was that he was a true gym rat. Not true of some stars, like Kyrie for example, who acts like basketball is a chore. 

I'm pretty sure Kyrie is a gym rat.  Talent like Kyrie just doesn't roll out of bed. Kyrie gets a lot of bad press because he doesn't play nice with the media. 

If you listen to some of the non flat earth thing he says you'll understand that what he's saying makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'm pretty sure Kyrie is a gym rat.  Talent like Kyrie just doesn't roll out of bed. Kyrie gets a lot of bad press because he doesn't play nice with the media. 

If you listen to some of the non flat earth thing he says you'll understand that what he's saying makes a lot of sense. 

I'm not questioning his talent, but he's the one who has consistently downplayed the importance of basketball, frowned on the bubble, taken time away for various reasons. Not hating, not criticizing, but that doesn't sound like a guy who lives for ball. Not saying he hasn't put the work in to be great, because he clearly has. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not questioning his talent, but he's the one who has consistently downplayed the importance of basketball, frowned on the bubble, taken time away for various reasons. Not hating, not criticizing, but that doesn't sound like a guy who lives for ball. Not saying he hasn't put the work in to be great, because he clearly has. 

That's exactly what you did when you said he wasn't a gym rat and don't know anything about that man personally. I mean I don't either, but I'm not going to let narratives shape my image of a person.  Rooting for Trae has taught me that.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That's exactly what you did when you said he wasn't a gym rat and don't know anything about that man personally. I mean I don't either, but I'm not going to let narratives shape my image of a player.  Rooting for Trae has taught me that.

Im just quoting from the horses mouth man. It's a narrative he has personally driven. He recently made more comments again about basketball not being on his mind.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31454777/kyrie-irving-focused-issues-other-hoops-says-basketball-just-not-most-important-thing-right-now

Im just quoting from the horses mouth man. It's a narrative he has personally driven. He recently made more comments again about basketball not being on his mind.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31454777/kyrie-irving-focused-issues-other-hoops-says-basketball-just-not-most-important-thing-right-now

I mean he is Muslim.  When thinking about wars and kids dying,  basketball is not important.  Again, read what he is saying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I mean he is Muslim.  When thinking about wars and kids dying,  basketball is not important.  Again, read what he is saying. 

Not to get too philosophical here, but wars and kids dying has gone on in some form or other at any basically any point in recent modern history. He has every right to be upset if that's how he feels and obviously basketball is not life and death, but he made it a point to mention "basketball is not important." 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Not to get too philosophical here, but wars and kids dying has gone on in some form or other at any basically any point in recent modern history. He has every right to be upset if that's how he feels and obviously basketball is not life and death, but he made it a point to mention "basketball is not important." 

Nope.  He made it a point to say he didn't want to answer questions about basketball and wanted to discuss what's going on in the middle east.  He was bringing more awareness to that situation. It's very complicated and a lot of people don't know what's going on over there.  

Did you even listen to the clip?

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nope.  He made it a point to say he didn't want to answer questions about basketball and wanted to discuss what's going on in the middle east.  He was bringing more awareness to that situation. It's very complicated and a lot of people don't know what's going on over there.  

Did you even listen to the clip?

He was bringing more awareness to the Israel/Palestine conflict? Um, I guess man, it's pretty big news. If you find Kyrie's word salad/pseudo philosophical answers to be enlightening or informative, you are probably in the minority. 

He was bringing more awareness to the Israel/Palestine conflict? Um, I guess man, it's pretty big news. If you find Kyrie's word salad/pseudo philosophical answers to be enlightening or informative, you are probably in the minority. 

Don't understand why you have so much animosity towards him. He's generally a really good guy.  However, it's not my place to tell people who not to hate on.

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Since when is Kyrie muslin, I thought he was practicing the native Indian religion