• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Knicks are 15-6 when Randle has 7 or more assists. Just saying you want him to score.

I think they have a winning record when he drops 30 pts as well so it’s like pick your poison somewhat .

credit to Randle he’s a good player but I think there’s ways to frustrate defensively that will make him inefficient and throw turnovers.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I think they have a winning record when he drops 30 pts as well so it’s like pick your poison somewhat .

credit to Randle he’s a good player but I think there’s ways to frustrate defensively that will make him inefficient and throw turnovers.

They do, but I want him doing it all by himself over a seven game series.  That will wear him down. If you double him and let the others get open shots, they have shown they can make them.  The Knicks are one of the better three point shooting teams because they are taking so many spot up attempts. 

The key is playing solid defense on Randle without doubling and taking away their shooters.  That's all I'm saying. Let Randle play hero ball. If he beats you, tip your hat.

• Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

They do, but I want him doing it all by himself over a seven game series.  That will wear him down. If you double him and let the others get open shots, they have shown they can make them.  The Knicks are one of the better three point shooting teams because they are taking so many spot up attempts. 

The key is playing solid defense on Randle without doubling and taking away their shooters.  That's all I'm saying. Let Randle play hero ball. If he beats you, tip your hat.

I’m following and get what you’re saying but I think the hawks should show the double team only when he’s on the baseline posting up . If Hunter is on Randle on the perimeter and Randle is hitting all his shots I say live with it (tip your hate to him , I mean hat)....but once he comes down on the block, show double to make him pick up his dribble and rotate like mad men. I don’t think we need to double Randle like you would double lebron , I think we need to just SHOW double because I don’t believe it’s hard to make him pick up his dribble consistently when we want him to...then we need to rotate extremely well.

Randle has definitely shown that he can be a playmaker this season but he’s not at the lebron level.  Lebron saw doubles coming before the next play. I don’t think Randle is at that kind of level nor do I believe he’s truly been doubled that often this season .

the only think I don’t like about allowing him to play hero ball is that if he does it and he’s efficient at doing it and we aren’t responding on the other end that’s going to be a big problem .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Interesting pick for X factor at least to me.

Any detailed or specific reason why Bogi is your X factor for us in this series?

my X factor is a healthy Hunter. I don’t think he can shut Randle down but I do believe he can truly bother him to high levels. 

That’s a good analysis. I think the hawks can take game 1 or 2 and come back game 3 with home court advantage 

I just think he works really well in isolation and that ends up being a lot of the game come playoff time when it slows down. If he can have some big games it can be a difference maker for us. 

I’m harking back to my Joe Johnson days. When he had some good games down the stretch for us in the playoffs it helped decide the outcome many times as well. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Our starters without question will be Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JC, CC

So the only question is the bench. I'm not a big fan of 8 man playoff rotations, it's puts too many miles on guys, and I worry about little nagging injuries occurring mid series.

It looks like it will be Lou, Kevin, Solo/Snell, Gallo, OO

Don't see Dunn, BG, Bruno, Knight or Mays getting any minutes.

This is how I see it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My X-factor will be Hunter - his perimter defense on Randle and containing Rose's dribble drive will be critical and whatever we get from him offensively will be gold.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Our starters without question will be Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JC, CC

So the only question is the bench. I'm not a big fan of 8 man playoff rotations, it's puts too many miles on guys, and I worry about little nagging injuries occurring mid series.

It looks like it will be Lou, Kevin, Solo/Snell, Gallo, OO

Don't see Dunn, BG, Bruno, Knight or Mays getting any minutes.

Yup I agree. Maybe Bruno checks in to foul Randle then checks out depending on the situation.

meant to comment on this and say it seems most are thinking the same that Hunter will be Randles primary defender.

Collins will get spot minutes. Will be nice if Hunter can give us 30 minutes per game through the series and moving on if not more.

• Like 1

This is where John Collins earns the big contract he's asking for next year. He can't continue to let Julius Randle bully him.

The Hawks(JC) have to keep Randle from going off and scoring thirty or more points a game, while Collins establishes a low post presence. 

The Knicks will try to make this a very physical series. We have to be prepared to match their physicality and keep them from making a living in the paint.

• Thanks 1

Either Trae Young or Randle will lead their team to the second round for the first time.  Look at playoff history.  This doesn’t happen every year.  

It’s significant.  Once a player reaches that level they often stay in that realm.  Deep playoff run level guys are rare.  Tmac never did it.

Would be an interesting list.  Current players who lead team to playoff series wins.  

• Like 3