• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is.....surprising?  Something is amiss, lol. 

Whatever Vegas needs to get folks bettin'

26 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am hoping Lou is a SG in the playoff rotation.  Yesterday showed that Lou was better when looking for his shot and playing SG instead of looking to run the offense.

Give BG, Solo's minutes.

Doubt BG goes from no minutes to playoff minutes.  I agree with your assessment though.

Solo will probably be big for us.  Big wing that can do multiple things including defend.  For better or worse, that's a coveted playoff archetype.  Look at what Jeff Green does for BKN.

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am hoping Lou is a SG in the playoff rotation.  Yesterday showed that Lou was better when looking for his shot and playing SG instead of looking to run the offense.

Give BG, Solo's minutes.

I  know what you're saying but i didn't see that  yesterday.  Lou had 6 assists in 16 minutes on some really nice feeds.   But Nate has already said he's the PG for the second unit.   I'm good with that.  Although i also wouldn't be surprised to see him and BG getting some time together. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I just got my game 3 ticket! I’m so ready for this series to start.

by the way great answers to my question from this morning. I thought a lot of the same I just wanted to hear other’s opinions 

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47r2e8fi5r169lgumka

Since we all know you were talking to me.

Oh and, if you buy a game 6 ticket, I hope you keep the receipt ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47a3yo49t0q76fiz9p4a

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I  know what you're saying but i didn't see that  yesterday.  Lou had 6 assists in 16 minutes on some really nice feeds.   But Nate has already said he's the PG for the second unit.   I'm good with that.  Although i also wouldn't be surprised to see him and BG getting some time together. 

I just don't see BG getting any minutes (unless it's blowout minutes).

If anything, I think Trae will see an uptick in minutes, from 33.7 to 35.7 minutes, and I don't see why not - it's the playoffs. More time off between games to recover. Actually all our starters can play an additional 2 minutes per game.

image.png

Check out the Knicks minutes per game:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just don't see BG getting any minutes (unless it's blowout minutes).

If anything, I think Trae will see an uptick in minutes, from 33.7 to 35.7 minutes, and I don't see why not - it's the playoffs. More time off between games to recover. Actually all our starters can play an additional 2 minutes per game.

image.png

Check out the Knicks minutes per game:

image.png

I disagree the starters should at least be playing 38 minutes. Sort the bench minutes among who has it.

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

His assists were not from running the offense but from his attacking the basket and looking for his shot.  That's different from what he has been doing for us traditionally.  Mays was running the offense and also did a solid job at that.  

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

His assists were not from running the offense but from his attacking the basket and looking for his shot.  That's different from what he has been doing for us traditionally.  Mays was running the offense and also did a solid job at that.  

It doesn't really matter but i wouldn't say that's entirely true. Lou was running the offense plenty yesterday even with Mays in the game.  Of course against the Rockets that was no big feat.  

https://go.nba.com/iel7

• Like 2

• Premium Member

mmmmm???

If De’Andre Hunter has no minutes restrictions, he would be a prime candidate to counter Julius Randle for long stretches. Ultimately, however, McMillan is a big believer in positional defending and not cross-matching, meaning the Hawks will need to win their one-on-one matchups against similarly sized opponents.

I see people keep saying 'things slow down in the playoffs'  Hawks have been slowing it down under McM.

Like previous McMillan-led teams, the Hawks have sported a bottom-10 pace that is intent on slowing down halfcourt possessions on defense and calming running offensive sets on the other side. We’ve seen the Hawks patiently run off ball screen actions for Huerter, Hunter and Bogdanovic in recent games that take some time to set up but can wear a defense down. If all else fails, the Hawks can use the firepower of Trae Young’s creative abilities and Danilo Gallinari’s late clock cheat code of rising over smaller defenders to keep Atlanta in any game.

• Like 4