• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

it's only 7'3? 

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

is thor quick enough to play 3?

Yep and yep. I see him as a wing/small ball 4. His only real weaknesses right now are his decision making and consistency in shooting, but I think under the right system, he'll be a really good player in this league.

• Like 1

Jared Butler, Nah Shon Hyland, & Sharife' Cooper where interviewed by Mike Schmitz @ the combine today.  All of them did well but Butler stood out the most. He is a very high character  & articulate player.  Hope he is cleared by the doctors to play pro ball.  Cooper was briefly asked about his measured height, he said he was about 6"2 or 6"3.  However I'm not buying it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we are going to be on a great position to add Guard help.

Some guy might slip to our position.

For PG help I would be happy with any of Davion Mitchell, Jaden Springer, Tre Mann or Ayo Dosunmu. I really think Mitchell can slip. They can be good backups for Trae.

SG I think we could look for Josh Christopher, Trey Murphy or Cameron Thomas. Murphy has intriguing length while Thomas and Christopher are scoring guards off the bench.

Another help we could use is a backup PF or C. Kai Jones is really really intriguing and I would definitely push the button if he is there. Backup PF with length, good defensive instincts and can shoot the 3. Reminds me Christian Wood. I think we really need a player like this.

Greg Brown or Dayron Sharpe could be good additions but I really think we can get them on 2nd round, consolation prize might be Petrusev.

Overall I think from 12 pick onwards things are pretty open, you can find prospects ranked from 18 to 40 randomly. Even some guys that you could think are a lock for top 18 could slip to 20 like Davion Mitchell, Kai Jones or Giddey. If that happens we should go BPA, if not you still have some decent options for backup guard that we could use.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

JT Thor is a guy people should lookout for. Raw but has potential.

Looks like you will get your wish.   Found this over on Hoopshype.

Atlanta Hawks

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I want Kofi Cockburn.

Go 'head with the jokes, @Spud2nique my body is ready for the Cockburn jokes.

Heh, that sentence delivers. 😏

I’m sorry AHF I’ve been a good boy but this is just entrapment, not fair. Kg comin in with straight entrapment. The tease…

You shoulda seen my eyes light up! Like Xmas morning. 

So is this Cockburn guy any goo… :laugh1: I tell ya, I can’t.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry AHF I’ve been a good boy but this is just entrapment, not fair. Kg comin in with straight entrapment. The tease…

You shoulda seen my eyes light up! Like Xmas morning. 

Somis this Cockburn guy any goo… :laugh1: I tell ya, I can’t.

In all seriousness, I couldn't stand seeing bLopez abusing us knowing we had nothing to throw at him.

Cockburn is a good big, maybe not a "modern" big but I think a good coach can make it work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Looks like you will get your wish.   Found this over on Hoopshype.

Atlanta Hawks

The more and more I look at the prospects we could take at that range, he has one of the highest upsides. Might not contribute year 1, but he’ll be a guy that once is developed, will pay huge dividends to our championship window.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

In all seriousness, I couldn't stand seeing bLopez abusing us knowing we had nothing to throw at him.

Cockburn is a good big, maybe not a "modern" big but I think a good coach can make it work.

So just so I understand you correctly, you want to throw some Cockburn at Lopez to keep him from abusing yo us?

• Haha 3