• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Drinking Knickerbocker Tears Thread

sturt

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's next for Nix fans...dressing up like Birds

52knOFhzjc7X9U=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

He plays for a 'BIRD' team.

No but, he legit is scared of birds. He even admitted the irony of him being drafted by the Hawks

Go to the 1:52 mark followed by the follow up question after at 2:10 mark. He is serious about this

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

No but, he legit is scared of birds. He even admitted the irony of him being drafted by the Hawks

Go to the 1:52 mark followed by the follow up question after at 2:10 mark. He is serious about this

37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It was previously discussed here 3 years ago on the Squawk when Trae was drafted. Like I said then 'I wonder what kind of relationship he will have with Harry the Hawk.  LOL.

55 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Dis why I only shop at Waldenbooks 😉

~lw3

Ah, did they delete it?  Punks. 

Not Trae's fault the last play was meant to be a promo for the upcoming A Quiet Place sequel. 

🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sturt said:

If you play this video at 1.5x speed, it's almost like DMX ( RIP ) is doing the video.

Their fan base puts too much pressure on their sports teams.  It happens to the Jets every time they're good.

Only the true superstars can handle the NYC fan pressure.

The one thing he did get right in the video, is that they definitely miss Mitchell Robinson. He's the guy I truly dreaded playing every time we played the Knicks.  Mitchell is a true rim defender and an offensive rebound monster.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aali34 said:

Just came back from a Knicks message board. A couple dude are advocating for the team to deck Trae to stop the floaters. They want forearms to his neck. 

To be fair the other fans are against it.

If they do that, you insert The Knife into the game and tell him to take out Derrick Rose.

Every action shall get a reaction that is twice as great.

Outside of Taj Gibson, that's not a "tough guy" team.   They don't want that.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was previously discussed here 3 years ago on the Squawk when Trae was drafted. Like I said then 'I wonder what kind of relationship he will have with Harry the Hawk.  LOL.

Do they fly that real Hawk around the arena?

I know that used to be the highlight during playoff games.  Not sure if they still do it or not.

2 hours ago, cam1218 said:

And I still hate the foul bating terminology to describe his game. All players do foul baiting, even LeBron falls to the floor or grabs his head to get fouls after he drives to the basket.

Trae taking advantage of lazy defense and using his instincts to see it coming is honestly why he gets the majority of his free throws. He isn’t just jumping around like he’s on a trampoline looking for fouls like the media seems to think he is.

And Trae takes LEGIT hits.  It's not like he's faking getting hit, like some of these guys.

The irony of this video, is that they initially had Gallinari at #3 on their midseason flop list.  But if you actually watch Gallo's play, he was just clumsy as hell, trying to get his shots up, and not flopping.  That's why he didn't make the end of the year list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Do they fly that real Hawk around the arena?

I know that used to be the highlight during playoff games.  Not sure if they still do it or not.

Not since he went rougue and wouldn't fly back to the trainer. He was chilling on the score board and it delayed the game. Lol.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

For him to go out of his way to say he has an infuriating game is just ridiculous and shows he does not watch the games.  Feeding national bias against Trae. His game is absolutely beautiful to watch. Only this year did he add the foul baiting to his game, which until this year for some reason, was the mature vet thing to do to show you have grown and understand the game. Jordan, Bird, Miller, Pierce, James, Harden all mastered it on the way to the Hall of fame.  But when little ole Trae MASTERS it in his third year, they want to outlaw it. Let them, it will be the Trae rule. He will find another way to dominate the game. 

It's infuriating to them because they are cheering for the Knicks. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

i was wondering why they got rid of the actual hawk bird they'd let fly around