• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Drinking Knickerbocker Tears Thread

sturt

• Premium Member

Curious... ya think any other fan base's fans would react so bonkers as this NYK 2021 fan base has? I mean, the amateur psychologist in me is really fascinated with just how over the top this has become for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Trae is living rent free on a multi year lease in the collective heads of New Yorkers right now.  Mayor Bill de Blasio took time out of a speech today to complain about Trae foul hunting. The article even mentioned the Barrett foul late in the 4th. https://nypost.com/2021/05/25/bill-de-blasio-tries-psyching-out-trae-young-to-help-knicks/

2 things.  

1) The foul wasn't on the body contact, it was on the inadvertent slap to the head right before it. Its why Trae knew he was too close.

2) On the last play, Collins got pinned to the ground by Taj Gibson before the ball was inbounded. It should have been 2 shots and the ball, game over. If anything, the Hawks got screwed on that call and bailed out by the good Trae floater. See here 4-6 second mark. 

Also, Frank smacks the back of Trae's hand on the floater, that could have been called too.

But John said it perfectly. Gibson grabbed him, took him down and he lost his shoe as a result. That was a huge "play on" moment that went uncalled. 

The Barrett foul was the one iffy call Trae got all day, but guess what, they reviewed it and upheld it. So you have to accept it and move on Knocks fans.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Curious... ya think any other fan base's fans would react so bonkers as this NYK 2021 fan base has? I mean, the amateur psychologist in me is really fascinated with just how over the top this has become for them.

Boston and Philly fans can be right there with the Knick fans most of the time. All three fan bases eat their own a whole bunch but then go us against the world when the lights are on. Will say that when the mayor gets involved it does become a bit more bizarre. Really fun to watch it unfold.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

The offensive aspect is him talking about something he has absolutely no clue about.

It's like if he .... decided to speak on how to effectively mayor a city ....

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e471ug9gojyd9p28qvmm

BOOM!  I agree.  DeBlasio doesn't have a clue about anything.  

• Like 1